Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So did anyone do anything special over the long weekend? (Well, for those that HAD a long weekend)

Saturday and Sunday were just normal for me...yesterday I went with Erik to his aunts house where several of his family members were having a little cookout/get together thing. Erik's got a great family, so that was fun. Pretty much, we all just talked and ate on the back deck, and watched the game (CUBBIES FINALLY WON ONE!!!) Erik, and his cousin BJ and their little cousin (age 10) Johnathon and I took off for a while to the ballpark to play some baseball, which I loved. And I'm quite proud, too...out of about 30 balls pitched to me, only FOUR got past me. Yeah baby. Oh, and can't forget the highlight of the visit...the Bunya Calda....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!!!! MAN that stuff is delicious!

So what'd you do this weekend?

Photo shoot in mid-Georgia that was so hot I could hardly think. :lol: But it was fun!

Developed a couple rolls of film from the new Mamiya 645 :lovey: and spent some time in the darkroom. I was dancing with joy to discover I had a 645 negative holder that I'd forgotten about when I bought my enlarger a couple years back. What more could a film geek want? ;) I'll have some new prints soon.

We found the ultimate margarita recipe on Sunday and had to taste a few samples, just to be sure. Yep, it was the ultimate. :thumbup:

Beautiful weather, overall, just about 5-10 degrees hotter than it needed to be. We wanted to ride bikes but we were gasping by mid-day, so we hung out at home and watered the garden instead. Very relaxing!

Discovered one of the coolest places in Arizona, the Aravaipa Canyon! Due to helping someone change a flat tire too. I have been told how to get there, I went there and saw it, it is wonderful! And there's going to be plenty foliage in the fall, I'm going!!!

I went and photographed 5 cemeterys yesterday but Saturday and Sunday were just normal days. I had a K-day Sunday or I would have been working.

I found a couple historical grave sites I didn't know about in Tacoma plus I dragged my wife around with me to all the grave yards. Met some interesting people at the cemeterys so I had a good time. My youngest daughter was sick all weekend so I think my wife was worried about her and didn't enjoy herself.

The good:
-Went swimming with the boys
-Had a day off from work and just relaxed

The bad:
-The refigerator and freezer died and I lost all my food plus all my stored milk for Evelyn (but it's under warranty so at least it won't cost to replace it)

The ugly:
-The surburban needs a new engine...to the tune of $4500

:meh: But you know what? It was still a good weekend overall :D

I wasn't supposed to have a long weekend this weekend cause I had one last weekend. Fortunatly the local transit went on an illegal strike all day so it was great excuse to not go into the office.

SWEET. I did nothing productive though. Sleep, eat, download.

Oh, Gnarls Barkley is my new hero. Album is sick.

Last weekend was Canada's long weekend, don't know about elsewhere. It was awesome cuz our school had the friday off too. four day weekend! I didn't do anything :lol: But today and yesterday, I'm sick :grumpy:

i went to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, decided at the last minute to videotape and edit together something cool... but the videocamera i borrowed had battery issues so i ended up only getting 21 minutes of footage...

would rather have taken the 35mm, but oh well, still wonderful time

panzershreck said:
i went to Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, decided at the last minute to videotape and edit together something cool... but the videocamera i borrowed had battery issues so i ended up only getting 21 minutes of footage...

would rather have taken the 35mm, but oh well, still wonderful time

Havasu Falls is great!! Went there for Spring Break one summer and had a blast....crazy beautiful, isn't it? My friend jumped off the 120 ft. waterfall and someone took the most spectacular picture of him, just this tiny dude against this ginormous waterfall, incredible...his body was red for the next 2 days.

bace said:
I wasn't supposed to have a long weekend this weekend cause I had one last weekend. Fortunatly the local transit went on an illegal strike all day so it was great excuse to not go into the office.

SWEET. I did nothing productive though. Sleep, eat, download.

Oh, Gnarls Barkley is my new hero. Album is sick.

Funnily enough this weekend I watched the Family Guy film and listened to Gnarls Barkley...

Rob

Most reactions

Back