excited for a cool gig tonight!

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was asked by a singer in my school to cover her senior recital which is today. im so excited. It's a hefty gig.
Im going to scout the recital hall before. Find a nice vantage point, setup my tripod. i will Cover the recital.
I have my two lenses ( cleaning them now!). Ill switch to a wider lens for shots of the entire orchestra. Then after, cover her massive reception and all the audience mingling.
THEN, after that Ill have my monolights set up already in a different studio room in the music building ( this is all on campus) and have a decent length photoshoot. I am so excited!

and after that, the editor of the paper for Queens College is going to pick out some shots to feature in the Paper, and credit me.

I hope my D90 battery will last! I am sure i will find some time to recharge a bit between portions of the event.

I am just quadruple checking my gear now and thinking of ideas!

I was asked by a singer in my school to cover her senior recital which is today. im so excited. It's a hefty gig.
Im going to scout the recital hall before. Find a nice vantage point, setup my tripod. i will Cover the recital.
I have my two lenses ( cleaning them now!). Ill switch to a wider lens for shots of the entire orchestra. Then after, cover her massive reception and all the audience mingling.
THEN, after that Ill have my monolights set up already in a different studio room in the music building ( this is all on campus) and have a decent length photoshoot. I am so excited!

and after that, the editor of the paper for Queens College is going to pick out some shots to feature in the Paper, and credit me.

I hope my D90 battery will last! I am sure i will find some time to recharge a bit between portions of the event.

It is football season now so I will comment in that context.
To a running back after an overly exuberant display of celebration: "Next time you make a touchdown, act like you've been there before"- Vince Lombardi

ps your web site semi locks up my computer and gets flagged by my security programs as suspicious. and tells me to leave. Just thought you would like to know.

Last edited:
I dont think you'll need the tripod, unless you have super shaky hands. Tripods are good for low light when the subject is still. But if you shoot at 1/20 shutter, the people are still moving and will be blurry. Plus, its going to be a pain to chagne that thing from place to place.

I'd suggest leaving it at home, or in the car/locker.

As for the camera battery, it should last you for the night no problem. I shoot a 12 hour wedding, 2000 pictures and my 2 batteries are still over 50%.

Although, if you plan on using your onboard flash (which would suck if you did), then it will eat up the battery faster.

It is football season now so I will comment in that context.
To a running back after an overly exuberant display of celebration: "Next time you make a touchdown, act like you've been there before"- Vince Lombardi

ps your web site semi locks up my computer and gets flagged by my security programs as suspicious. and tells me to leave. Just thought you would like to know.

Well it's heavy on the flash content.. No one ever got suspicion flags

I dont think you'll need the tripod, unless you have super shaky hands. Tripods are good for low light when the subject is still. But if you shoot at 1/20 shutter, the people are still moving and will be blurry. Plus, its going to be a pain to chagne that thing from place to place.

I'd suggest leaving it at home, or in the car/locker.

As for the camera battery, it should last you for the night no problem. I shoot a 12 hour wedding, 2000 pictures and my 2 batteries are still over 50%.

Although, if you plan on using your onboard flash (which would suck if you did), then it will eat up the battery faster.

Well the lighting isn't really good in the hall. I won't be moving around alot so I want sharp as possible shots with tripod. I'm not too worried with my 50mm 1.8 but when using my 18-55mm I'll want tripod since it doesn't open wide enough like 40mm and closer

Most reactions

Back