Experience + Talent = Sharing less

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any one else find this true?

I used to post up any random photo, but now it's like 75%-85% of the photos taken don't see the light of day unless it's just sharing photos with friends and family. It's like the only time I post up photos is when they're from an actual shoot.

Any one else find this true?

I used to post up any random photo, but now it's like 75%-85% of the photos taken don't see the light of day unless it's just sharing photos with friends and family. It's like the only time I post up photos is when they're from an actual shoot.

I don't post pics at all. Part of it is laziness (don't keep up with my storage site too well) but basically because I really don't take pictures of anything different than the others do. So, to me it would be a bit boring seeing the same types of pics over and over again, and just adding the same to it. The stuff I do for the few clients I have are extrememly boring and of no use posting on here. The stuff I do for my own are the normal bird shots, sunsets, moon, etc... Nothing really spetacular. When I have a bad shot, normally I know right away what I did wrong. So, no need to post up asking what went wrong.

I rarely go to the galleries to look. Sometimes I am in the mood but most of the time I come here just to see what others are asking for help or commenting on photography in general. And pictures are blocked by my work system so I can't see them anyway.

I don't think its bad for someone to post pics all the time. Sometimes seeing others work will give ideas or inspiration to others. Posting pics has its usefullness. But for me, I don't know. Just no need for it. I don't know? Probably just laziness.

I used to post photos all the time as well. Now I never post photos. I shoot mostly e-shoots and wedding photos and I don't really want to share their photos online anyways. So most of my forum posts are more focused on gear, workflow and business practices.

When I did post stuff online before, I occasionally was flamed really bad from a few trolls who think they know everything. One of the reasons why I don't even have my company info on here... clients are smart enough to do searches and I don't want them to get a bad impression due to some internet punks. I do follow a bunch of other photographers blogs and have good photog friends that have been much more helpful at giving good critical advice on how to improve a shot.

I share pics on my flickr account, but rarely post in forums anymore. Mostly because everytime I do, nobody seems to care.. maybe people don't like my shots.. dunno..

I find it true as well. I used to post up anytime I got a good shot of my son. Now I rarely post the pictures of him. Maybe it's because 1. Most of my shots of him are good shots now that I've progressed, and 2. Regardless of the how good, most are still just random shots of him playing or whatever...I don't see the point in posting them.

I do post when I do a shoot, but I think I may be done with that too. My photo's from shoots are really pretty good I think, yet I still get very few comments on them. Just not worth my time I suppose.

I think with a lot of photographers on forums, as their ability increases they find themselves being more critical of their shots.
So you know in yourself if I shot really stands out or not, and if it doesn't you tend not to share it.

Or not..?! :confused:

It makes sense that someone new to photography would be seeking more feed back as they are developing their skills. Once you are more experienced you have (hopefully) developed an eye for what is and isn't a good photo, and are (hopefully) consistently getting good results, so you won't need so much input from others unless perhaps trying a new technique. I think this is probably the point where some make the switch from student to mentor.

It makes sense that someone new to photography would be seeking more feed back as they are developing their skills. Once you are more experienced you have (hopefully) developed an eye for what is and isn't a good photo, and are (hopefully) consistently getting good results, so you won't need so much input from others unless perhaps trying a new technique. I think this is probably the point where some make the switch from student to mentor.

Agreed, and even my gallery shots are not from any particular shoot although I have used some of them later on.

skieur

I think with a lot of photographers on forums, as their ability increases they find themselves being more critical of their shots.
So you know in yourself if I shot really stands out or not, and if it doesn't you tend not to share it.

Or not..?! :confused:

Im my own worst critic, i dont think ive ever taken a photo im happy with

Most reactions

New Topics

Back