jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to experiment with my Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG Macro HSM OS lens. Not sure if this really works, though. It has more of an artsy flare to it, but it had very strong purple coloration that I had to account for, especially on the beak.

f/2.8 1/2000 ISO 100
sep03202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

A lttle extra experiment
sep03202101b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

I really like the shot — great perspective. Of the two I am more inclined to go with the first one. The bird against the white background still has an artsy feel for me, and I’m not quite sure about the color in the second one. The position of the bird, though, is great. Nice one.

I really like the shot — great perspective. Of the two I am more inclined to go with the first one. The bird against the white background still has an artsy feel for me, and I’m not quite sure about the color in the second one. The position of the bird, though, is great. Nice one.
Thank you! I think the artsy look is due to the use of a macro lens as a prime lens. The color in the second one was a "suggestion" from PSE. I also think that shooting from underneath with a f/2.8 aperture contributed to the otherworldly look. The feathers appear almost transparent.

First one for me…

You did very well to get such a decent shot on a short lens like that Jeff.

I'd bin the green thing tho to be honest, it does nothing for me but top marks for trying something different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back