experimenting with my new cam .. first victim!!!!

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hehehe .. so i got a new camera last week (Olympus E20 *digital*) .. still familiarizing myself with it .... my first victim :lol: ... he's a saxophone and guitar player .. he mostly plays jazz inspired music ..

for most of the shots i got .. i used a softbox with flash and a silver/gold reflector ... for some shots .. i disregarded the flash and used just soft light to create shadows ... more of "moody" portraits ..

rip it to shreds :p .. all comments welcome ...

cesarsax.jpg

stare.jpg

red.jpg

thinking.jpg

I would have liked to have seen more of the sax at the bottom of the top one.
other than that, they are crystal clear, the last one you've caught some good expression.

i think the lighting looks fabulous!

i got a ton of him with the sax and guitar ... even some b&w .. i took about 100 photographs ... picked about 35 usable ..

my hubby got some interesting shots of him as well ... but he's being stingy :greenpbl:

"Cesar" ... i think the last one may be almost a little over-exposed :?

in case anyone is wondering .. the backdrop is a plain old full size bedsheet we bought for $10 at the dollar store :lol:

this camera is so much better than my last one .. most of the shots i used straight out of the camera with little to no editting in photoshop (at most, the curves) ...

the colors are so much truier ... i love this cam!!! :D

i got another shoot later with codename "barbie doll" project :lol:

im working on the "barbie doll project" photos right now ... she was a cool gal ... however, we did a few with the "baby doll" ... we'll see how they come out ....

im doing lots of retouch on the white background .. not white enough :? ... but we did win a nice white heavyduty canvas backdrop on ebay .. so that would be a lot of help :no smile:

got word from "Cesar" .. the subject ... he's very pleased with all 40 of his photos... he'll be using a few for promo shots :D ... he's going on tour

thanks :oops: ... but i'm still learning ... practice makes perfect :D

I like the first one the best. Very album covery. The others are nice too, but that first one really stands out. Nice work.
Brad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back