Exposure Question

Did you shoot in RAW? if so, you could easily pull detail back into them.

There appears to be a lot of black in the photo, so your camera misread the data and overexposed the highlights. An exposure compensation setting of about -1ev would bring the detail of the hats back. There also appears to be a distracting blob of pinkish red in the lower left corner of the frame. A finger, perhaps?

Thanks for the tip, I will try it shortly. The blob was some ones head :blushing: and did not notice it as it was behind the Aperture rating. Should be able to crop it out. Thanks!

There appears to be a lot of black in the photo, so your camera misread the data and overexposed the highlights. An exposure compensation setting of about -1ev would bring the detail of the hats back. There also appears to be a distracting blob of pinkish red in the lower left corner of the frame. A finger, perhaps?

I shot this in RAW and used Aperture to process the file.
Ok, so go back and try it again. I know lightroom has the highlight recovery, and i'd be surprised if aperture didn't.

I have updated the picture and I know that I have a long way to go to improve. Thanks for everyones help.

Ok, so go back and try it again. I know lightroom has the highlight recovery, and i'd be surprised if aperture didn't.

Well, besides fixing it in post, yes, you could meter off the hats better, get right up to them or zoom in on them, meter and then back up to create your scene. That way you'll for sure have properly exposed hats.

If you lower the exposure the faces under the hats will go darker.
Why not try some selective sharpening on the hats to bring out the weave and that will 'create detail'

Most reactions

New Topics

Back