External Flash

ABPASnapshot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...I have a Canon EOS Rebel T2 and do not have a shoe mounted flash; in fact, I have never used one...what are the advantages and what would I have to pay for a decent external flash?...

The advantages are: More output (brighter flash), quicker recycle time, less drain on the camera's battery, the ability to bounce the light (and in some cases use off-camera). Depending on whether you buy new or used, Canon-made or third party, you can pay anywhere from $25 - $500+. Check out your local camera store for used gear. Sunpak made a decent line of flashes for Canon, many of which should be available cheaply. Bear in mind that some of the older and/or less sophistacted third-party models may not offer TTL flash metering or other automatic functions.

Adding a shoe mounted flash is one of the simplest things you can do to quickly add lot of horsepower to your photographs; namely because of the ability to bounce light. Once you've gotten a handle on using your camera and are ready for a new challenge, I definitely recommend you add an off camera flash.

Sorry to thread-jack here, but I am just starting to learn about external flash and I have one simple question:

To fire an SB-600 off camera what do I need?

Most reactions

Back