Family Session CC

So the extra photo is taking a picture of the same thing? Or what do I take a picture of? I see all those colors on the color passport so what do I do with those? Maybe I need to start on thread on how to work it?! I will absolutely purchase for peace of mind and getting a perfect white balance. I also have the whibal card and use that one for indoor studio sessions. When I use the expodisc for studio lighting it's WAY too warm. Weird.

The color swatch is to help the set a profile for the camera. Go to x-rite's website and watch some of the video's for the passport, it will help make more sense.

These are absolutely beautiful! I love these!

I agree with some of the other comments, e.g. the skin colors look off, (shoot in RAW ) crop some of the pics, straighten horizons, noticeable flare issues, etc.
But a good job for a beginner !

I do know some of the pictures have skin color that's off, not all of them though, that's why I posted this. I'm trying to get feedback on how I can fix them, so do you have any advice on that? I do shoot in RAW all the time. Also, I don't crop most of them because if I do, I ALWAYS have clients trying to print gallery wraps and they don't have enough room around the subject/s, then I have to clone the background which is a pain for me as well as my client. I want them to have plenty of room around the subjects in order print anything they want/need. As for horizon issues, I'm not one to make them perfectly straight, just my style though, but I do see why you commented on that. Also, what are the noticeable flare issues? If you could give a little more detail on that I would appreciate it! Thank you!

Last edited:
I don't see that much issue with skin tones on these.
But I did want to mention something that I think gets overlooked sometimes, in an effort to get the "right" skin tone.
In a setting where the lighting is that yellow, as it seems to be in most of your "lens flare" photos--a person's skin tone would naturally HAVE a more yellow tint to it, so it's fine to leave it a bit more yellow than might be strictly "correct."
Same thing is true with other settings--for example, in the shot of the kid sitting in the field of bluebonnets, WITH a blue shirt on--well, yeah, his skin tone is naturally going to be just a bit more on the blue side than "normal."
I think that is especially true with young children (white children, anyway) because their skin tends to be very fair and it picks up reflective colors very easily.

I'm not saying the kid should be so blue or yellow that they look sick…or dead. But a slight cast to their skin in certain situations is more natural than necessarily having THE correct skin tone according to WB.

In My Opinion--which, combined with about $2, will get you a cup of coffee.

Beautifully executed photos! :) I do agree about the colour being off a little. This is an easy fix however! Bring the files into Photoshop, use the curve tool, select the red curve and drop down the reds in the highlights, this will tone down the redness in the photos. Judging from my calibrated monitor, I think these images have a tad too much red.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed help with!! :) I will give it a shot!! Appreciate the compliment!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back