Famous people from your town?

Verbal said:
well I'm near Seattle, if that counts...I could go on for hours with a last from there. lol.

As for other people...well I know that Carl Weathers and Ryan Stiles live in Bellingham, 30 minutes from me...

I love Ryan Stiles!

Islair said:
Oh no you don't. Richard Pryor is from where "I" am at, and it is indeed Peoria, but he is mine, Mine, MINE, I tell you. Peoria is way too small for me to let you take him away from me. :lol:

haha...Hey, I've got nothing. Oh...WAIT!! Ok, you can claim Richard...I now live 30 minutes from Bloomington/Normal IL... McLean Stevenson is from there!!! (he played Henry Blake on M*A*S*H)

Rochester, NY

Not everyone on the list was born here, but they at least spent a bit of time here, or were raised here.

Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass (both of whom are burried at Mt. Hope Cemetery, the first munincipal Victorian cemetery in the US)
Cab Calloway and John Lithgow were born here
Son House spent time here near the end of his life.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was born here and went to high school at the same time I did just a few miles away from me
Julie Lynn Cialini, the Playboy Playmate, who also went to high school at the same time and was only a few miles away. I don't ever recall meeting either one. :(
Taye Diggs
Robert Forster
Paul Newman's daughter lives here (okay, that's pushing it...)
Mimi Kennedy (played Dharma's mom)
Chuck Mangione
Lou Gramm (I used to live on the Lake Avenue mentioned in Rev it on the Red Line)
Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth
Steve Gadd, one of the most recorded session drummers around
Garth ***an, famed choreographer and dancer (Lion King)
Joanie Laurer (Chyna from the WWF)
Frank Gannett (Gannett newspapers)
John Jacob Bausch (Bausch & Lomb)
And I hope everyone knows who George Eastman is.

EDIT: Oh good grief. It's Garth F a g a n. It's a friggin name.

Well, I know Chuck Mangione...! At least.

And I may also tell you (and you will know as much as I do when I read your lists then) that Peter Maffay's parents-in-law now live only just down the road from where my father and brother+family live, and that Peter Maffay sometimes comes to my home-town these days. Oh yeah! (And hardly anyone will know who Peter Maffay is in the first place :greenpbl: )

LaFoto said:
Well, I know Chuck Mangione...! At least.

And I may also tell you (and you will know as much as I do when I read your lists then) that Peter Maffay's parents-in-law now live only just down the road from where my father and brother+family live, and that Peter Maffay sometimes comes to my home-town these days. Oh yeah! (And hardly anyone will know who Peter Maffay is in the first place :greenpbl: )

*Jo Cose raises his hand and admits that he has no clue who Peter Maffay is*

Reactions: Rob
only one that pops into my mind, for famous people in Hoorn, is George Baker.......he is the guy who sings "Little Green Bag".
Thats about it i guess :)

my hometown is Linz/Upper Austria

Ludwig Wittgenstein - jewish philosopher
Adolf Hitler - (wasn't born here but attended school and lived together with his parents)
Johannes Keppler - astronomer genius
Anton Bruckner - famous composer
Adalbert Stifter - writer and painter

thats all I can think of at the moment....

Ah! Modesty Day in Bulverde/Tx. I understand! ;)

Keith Urban (Country singer engaged to Nicole Kidman) was born in my hometown of Whangarei in NZ.

The only famous person I know of from Kalispell, is Michelle Williams, from Dawsons Creek and Brokeback Mountain.

Since New Hampshire is smaller than, say, Los Angeles, I looked up the whole state and found out some people that I wouldn't have ever guessed. I knew about Adam Sandler, the Segway guy and Christa McAuliffe. Who'da thunk there were that many. I'm too lazy to write all those down so you'll just have to click here to see it.

The most famous people to come from Calgary Alberta are:
Elisha Cuthbert - actress.
Owen Hart - professional wrestler
Bret Hart - professional wrestler
Teddy Hart - professional wrestler
Jann Arden - Singer

Most reactions

Back