What's new

Feed back please ;)

Stacylouwho

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
188
Reaction score
20
Location
Georgia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to see if anyone can help make these pics better. The one with steam especially. When I took the picture I really wanted to get the steam.. but you can hardly see it. Anyway suggestions please ;)? I am new to this.. I took these with the Canon EF-S 18-55mm.
Flickr: Stacylouwho1's Photostream

P.S. for some reason I could not upload photos here.. not sure why. Suggestions on that would be great too!
 
You need to light up the steam so that it can be seen. Here's an example I shot:

Hot_Mac_1416.jpg
 
Thanks for the feed back! :)
 
You need to light up the steam so that it can be seen. Here's an example I shot:

Hot_Mac_1416.jpg

Nice shot! i like steam and droplet at bottom. I wanna try something like this, how do you shoot with background isolated like this with flash?
 
Nice shot! i like steam and droplet at bottom. I wanna try something like this, how do you shoot with background isolated like this with flash?
It's just a black backdrop a few feet behind the ladle. The light is diffused by bouncing it off the ceiling, which is then directing it down onto the steam, macaroni and spoon from above (note the shadows). By doing that, it's also not shooting straight at the subject from camera position, so it's not lighting the backdrop.
 
Nice shot! i like steam and droplet at bottom. I wanna try something like this, how do you shoot with background isolated like this with flash?
It's just a black backdrop a few feet behind the ladle. The light is diffused by bouncing it off the ceiling, which is then directing it down onto the steam, macaroni and spoon from above (note the shadows). By doing that, it's also not shooting straight at the subject from camera position, so it's not lighting the backdrop.

I can't get it done, i did put flash up to bounce from the ceiling and i like how colors turn up and how background is not lighted but i don't get enough light on subject.
 
Nice shot! i like steam and droplet at bottom. I wanna try something like this, how do you shoot with background isolated like this with flash?
It's just a black backdrop a few feet behind the ladle. The light is diffused by bouncing it off the ceiling, which is then directing it down onto the steam, macaroni and spoon from above (note the shadows). By doing that, it's also not shooting straight at the subject from camera position, so it's not lighting the backdrop.

I can't get it done, i did put flash up to bounce from the ceiling and i like how colors turn up and how background is not lighted but i don't get enough light on subject.
Perhaps the ceiling is too far away? Is it white?

It was perhaps 2 to 3 feet above the camera and subject in my shot. A bounce card could have been used equally well.
 
Dude this is awesome!
 
I am going to try this again today and see how it turns out.
 
I think I need even more light... after looking at these again.
Did you have to do any touching up on your photo?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom