Few from a walk and the Cat. (8 Pics)

Booshka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Walked with the wife to the Doctors yesteday and what a pig of a day, the sky was grey/white with fog but still can't let that stop me.

1. Some interesting window covers, there used to be windows where these metal things are now.
106.jpg

2. The Wheel from the old mine that was nearby, shame yobs have nicked the plague.
107.jpg

3. Alleyway next to local library.

108.jpg

4. The Old Railway Station

109.jpg

5. From other side, shame they closed this and sold it to a scrap dealer, it has way more character than the monstrosity they replaced it with.

110.jpg

6. Local Church.

111.jpg

7. Thought this tombstone looked interesting with the window behind it.

112.jpg

8. Our little lad, he's a right pain the butt, but still he's family.

113.jpg

Thanks for looking.

great series...think 5 is my fav...shame about the van behind the building. Good tho :thumbup:

#4! Aprilraven and Chiller are gonna love this :)
I like the one of the church and the tombstone/window one too

Nice series. Some really unique buildings.

Just wondering if for #6 you used a blue filter with the conversion? I'm curious why the headstones are all so dark? It's not bad that they're dark, they just get lost in the scene.

Very nice series.. I just love pictures of older buildings..

Steve

woodsac said:
Nice series. Some really unique buildings.

Just wondering if for #6 you used a blue filter with the conversion? I'm curious why the headstones are all so dark? It's not bad that they're dark, they just get lost in the scene.

Nahh, it's how it turned out, the weather was a pita, foggy and the sky was a blanket of very low fog/white, not a hint of blue sky anywhere nor a cloud, it's still the same today. I did try the bracketing mode on the camera as i was unsure about what exposure to do with the weather and that pic looked ok, the other 2 the sky looked really overexposed.

Quick pic of what weather was like.. composition is crap, but its just to show the weather as i'm wondering what sort of settings or is there filters you can use to help in weather like this.

114.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments all.

Cloudy, foggy, gray weather is tough to shoot in...period! You did a good job :)

One more suggestion. I don't know if you noticed, but the white border on your frames is uneven. Hard to tell if the black is the same. When you create your border, make sure that the number of pixels you're increasing it by is divisible by 2. So, if your white border is 15 pixels right now, just change it to 16 and it will make it even.

woodsac said:
Cloudy, foggy, gray weather is tough to shoot in...period! You did a good job :)

One more suggestion. I don't know if you noticed, but the white border on your frames is uneven. Hard to tell if the black is the same. When you create your border, make sure that the number of pixels you're increasing it by is divisible by 2. So, if your white border is 15 pixels right now, just change it to 16 and it will make it even.

Cheers, i kept wondering why it kept looking uneven.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back