Few new pics take a look c&c welcome

C&C per req:

1, 2: Good leading-line shots, but the lines don't seem to lead anywhere interesting. These are great compositional elements to guide the eye to a specific point in an image, but there should be something for the eye to rest on once it gets there. In both cases, I just sort of follow the lines right out of the image.

3. The subject (the column I assume) is drastically under-exposed because your meter was reading the much brighter background. When you have a backlit situation such as this, always consider using spot-metering, and for the best of all worlds, shoot multiple images at differing exposures and merge for an HDR image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

The first two have potential but the composition isn't working for me (I have the same problem with this sort of photo, making interesting lines look interesting on the photo). The third one is a candidate for HDR, maybe with a bit wider shot.

I like how you show the curving / flowing of the building in #2. Good Job.

The first two need a more defined subject.

The 3rd - I'm not sure what you were going for. The tower is either way under exposed or (if it's supposed to be a silhouette) it's over exposed. Either way, the exposure is not right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back