few new portraits

I like the second one more for the angle. I thought the skin tones on the right hand side (on the side of her left cheek, specifically) had a bit of excess yellow in them, and that -59 CYan and +18 magenta in the Yellows, in Selective Color, improved the skin tones a bit. Buuut....maybe it altered her hair color too much as well!! Is she a blonde, or a light redhead? I'm not sure!

Is this hair color inaccurate? $13940003113_yellows.jpg

$Picture 5 selective color.jpg

No, she is a blonde.
One of the toughest issues I was having editing these is the skin tone against the blonde hair.

Mom has seen these two as a preview and liked them. I might have to go back through and try out your suggestions.
I decided to go with the black muslin on these because I thought it would go nicer with her fair skin and blonde hair than the white.

Lighting was a single 43" brolly.
She was standing about 2+ feet forward of the backdrop.

No, she is a blonde.
One of the toughest issues I was having editing these is the skin tone against the blonde hair.

Mom has seen these two as a preview and liked them. I might have to go back through and try out your suggestions.
I decided to go with the black muslin on these because I thought it would go nicer with her fair skin and blonde hair than the white.

Lighting was a single 43" brolly.
She was standing about 2+ feet forward of the backdrop.

Re: the bolded part, the skin tones against the blonde hair...yes!!! That was basically the only area that stood out to me. I've encountered that issue frequently myself. I think it might actually BE blonde-colored (aka yellowish) light, kicking back, into the shadows, and causing that yellowish cast on the skin. I dunno...I'm not a hair color expert, but it seems like hair color, the new term for hair dye, is worse with this than is natural blonde hair; seems like dyed blonde hair has more reflectivity, and picks up more subtle color casts than naturally blonde hair; perhaps because so many dye-colored blondes have had the hair bleached, then the tint is applied over the top, and the underlying "base" of hair is lighter than is naturally occurring blonde hair?

DUDE!!!! Bra-straps!!! Sentence yourself to twenty lashes with a rusty cable release and say ten 'Hail Kodaks'.

DUDE!!!! Bra-straps!!! Sentence yourself to twenty lashes with a rusty cable release and say ten 'Hail Kodaks'.

Like nose-piercings, and "Monroe" piercings, and belly-button piercings, today the bra straps are meant to be seen...and I mean that totally, 100% seriously...girls today are pulling them OUT, so they show...and also, are often wearing a camisole top, with ITS straps showing as well, so you have bra, cami, blouse!

Old dudes like me are like "Whattttt?" You mean you WANT the bra straps to show?" And the answer is, "Well, yeah...that's today's style."

Like nose-piercings, and "Monroe" piercings, and belly-button piercings, today the bra straps are meant to be seen...and I mean that totally, 100% seriously...girls today are pulling them OUT, so they show...and also, are often wearing a camisole top, with ITS straps showing as well, so you have bra, cami, blouse!

Old dudes like me are like "Whattttt?" You mean you WANT the bra straps to show?" And the answer is, "Well, yeah...that's today's style."

crazy right?
its hard to see in these pics, but she actually has two different undergarments on under her shirt.

Really? :confused: Anyone wanna buy some Nikon gear and grab the lease on my studio?

pixmedic said:
crazy right?
its hard to see in these pics, but she actually has two different undergarments on under her shirt.

As mentioned...today it's bra/camisole top/blouse...the clothing makers must LOVE this--they're selling "extra" tops for all kinds of outfits...

pixmedic said:
crazy right?

As mentioned...today it's bra/camisole top/blouse...the clothing makers must LOVE this--they're selling "extra" tops for all kinds of outfits...
I know I'm outta touch, but I didn't realize it was quite this bad...

Cute expressions! I prefer the 2nd shot, just like the angle better. I also like how her hair is done with the braid. I don't mind the black background, but it would look nice with a color, one that goes with her top. Maybe a teal.

Whenever I photograph my daughter or any other woman, I make her tuck in the bra straps. Pull them off the shoulder and tuck them into the bra.

I like the second shot too :D I think raise exposure a bit. I would also move the bra straps, I know it isn't a big deal for girls her age. It is more of a big deal for me ;)

These are really nice. She looks very comfortable and relaxed

crazy right?
It's only stylish if it compliments the outfit; in this case, not happening.

Good light but kinda boring.

Good light but kinda boring.

These were my thoughts. The posing and lighting is natural and nice, but they lack some... oomph.

Cheers!
Jake

Most reactions

Back