Field of the Windmill

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one was also taken on my visit with family last weekend. It was one of those things where you see it and know you just have to pull off to the side of the road and grab the camera and tripod. C&C always welcome. I really appreciate it. Thanks. :)

windmill_700_sig.jpg

Thanks for looking!

NJ

Nicely done. Is that HDR? Makes me long for the Great Plains.

Where was this taken?

My! :shock:

How can a sky ever be exposed so 100% correctly! :shock:

I am in awe! :hail:

I like the simple composition of this shot, but the sky looks highly unnatural to me; particularly the lighter colour near the horizon and around the windmill. Was the light really like that or is it an effect caused by post-processing?

That shot is really amazing. Colors are perfect and grab my attention. I can't stop scrolling back up to look at it.

Thanks everyone for the great replies!

Nicely done. Is that HDR? Makes me long for the Great Plains.

Where was this taken?

Neal: Thanks. This was taken in the back roads of beautiful western wisconsin where I often visit relatives.

+1 on that, and it is a great shot!!! :thumbup:

Thanks so much Empress!

My! :shock:

How can a sky ever be exposed so 100% correctly! :shock:

I am in awe! :hail:

Thank you Corinna for the wonderfully kind words. That really means a lot to me. :D

I like the simple composition of this shot, but the sky looks highly unnatural to me; particularly the lighter colour near the horizon and around the windmill. Was the light really like that or is it an effect caused by post-processing?

Yes, the light in this photo was as close to what I saw with my own eyes. I used HDR in this case to replicate as much as possible what I actually saw, which really took my breath away. My daughter was with me and was equally amazed by the way the light played on the clouds like that. Thanks for commenting.

That shot is really amazing. Colors are perfect and grab my attention. I can't stop scrolling back up to look at it.

I am very grateful for your comments, NateS. I say it often because I really mean it. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice reply.

Wow...nice work NJ.. holy moly. :thumbup::thumbup:

Nominated for POTM. Any picture that I come back to about a dozen times to look at again is surely worthy of a nomination.

looks very HDR-ish ... but nevertheless nice. I like the simplicity combined with great detail.

Really cool shot. I like how it seems so fictional and HDRish, but it is reality. Great effect you achieved.

Thanks everyone again for the very nice replies!

Wow...nice work NJ.. holy moly. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you chiller! I am a huuuuuuuge fan of your work. :)

Nice work NJ.

A ton of thanks as always heip.

very nice i like it!

Very nice of you to comment sxgt.

Nominated for POTM. Any picture that I come back to about a dozen times to look at again is surely worthy of a nomination.

Gosh, Nate....what can I say, Im very honored and thrilled. thank you thank you!

Very Nice :thumbup:

Thanks Miaow.

looks very HDR-ish ... but nevertheless nice. I like the simplicity combined with great detail.

Really appreciate the nice comments Alex!

Really cool shot. I like how it seems so fictional and HDRish, but it is reality. Great effect you achieved.

You are very kind. Thank you Campbell!

Most reactions

Back