Fill in the blanks...

Back story - when my daughter and nephews were young, one of my sisters in law once called the kids “the donkeys”. English is not her first language and sometimes she gets confused and misuses a word. We got a kick out of it and ever since, when referring to all of the kids as a group, we call them the donkeys - in an affectionate way of course. But we do some get strange looks from people around us when we’re discussing things like “what do you think the donkeys want for dinner” or “the donkeys broke the volleyball net again”. When I saw this sign on Amazon I had to buy it.

Back story - when my daughter and nephews were young, one of my sisters in law once called the kids “the donkeys”. English is not her first language and sometimes she gets confused and misuses a word. We got a kick out of it and ever since, when referring to all of the kids as a group, we call them the donkeys - in an affectionate way of course. But we do some get strange looks from people around us when we’re discussing things like “what do you think the donkeys want for dinner” or “the donkeys broke the volleyball net again”. When I saw this sign on Amazon I had to buy it.
Love it! This is the kind of family lore that makes things extra funny. Thank you for sharing that!

That is terrific!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back