Film Noir??

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you consider this image to be in the film noir style of images? Or is there more that needs to be done?

44095108282_eb78f6e5b4_b.jpg

More darkness, IMO. Mask the light more.

Not really, but not necessarily for the reasons mentioned above. I did a lot of research into the genre before I did a series {posted here Dark-1.jpg and here IMGP4708-Edit.jpg). Film noir,” or black film, in literal translation, while it's typically darker, it's more of a feeling of darkness, doomed romanticism, hard-edged cynicism, desperate desire, and sometimes shadowy sexuality. The drama is literally dripping from the image. Characterized by stark, hard edged lighting. While you see a lot of "film noir" in B&W, color and sepia tones were used frequently also. Color can add an entirely new dimension, as in this example Google Image Result for https://userscontent2.emaze.com/images/9ba1fa8f-56e3-42e7-9069-1354e20b8231/71432c02-c4d3-4d9e-ac35-b3e0be1a1bb0.jpg .

I agree with Smoke665, the expression on her face makes it not possible to enter the "Film Noir" genre, no matter how you process it. I guess you're going to have to get her back in the studio again, photography can be such a chore!

Would you consider this image to be in the film noir style of images? Or is there more that needs to be done?
Also no smile.

I agree with Smoke665, the expression on her face makes it not possible to enter the "Film Noir" genre, no matter how you process it. I guess you're going to have to get her back in the studio again, photography can be such a chore!

I don't know about that, put a gun in one hand and a cigarette in the other, and that expression could suddenly convey a whole new meaning. LOL https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6Er0V_x-pu0/maxresdefault.jpg Again it's about the mood you are conveying.

If you do reshoot Ron, try using reflectors without a lot of diffusion, and move them back a little.

Last edited:
Great shot, great model. I'm not sure you can have a film noir shot posed on a log. Photoshop in a Cadillac fender and a martini, or at least give her a tommy gun.

Why bother with film noir...she's a very pretty girl with amazing hair. Has to offer endless photo opportunities.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back