What's new

Filming a timelapse of a sunrise on a G7X - problem

rws1989

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I'd really love your advice on this one.

I set up my camera (Canon Powershot G7X) to do a timelapse on the rooftop of a building last night using this tutorial

.

When I watched back my footage this morning, I noticed it becomes incredibly overexposed as the sun rises, and actually fades to white. I have uploaded my effort to Vimeo so you can see what I mean.



As I've said, I believe this is because as it got bright, the shot became overexposed. But I do not know how to allow for this when setting up a sunrise timelapse on this camera.

I would really appreciate your guidance. Thank you!

Brian
 
Not familiar with that camera but in most cases you put exposure on Auto so the camera adjusts to changing light. If the f-stop is not adjusted as the light level increases the frame will be blown out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom