Filter ID Help

carlosneves

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got an old Yashica ML 50mm 1.7, it came with a lens and I can't understand the brand, I only read "52mm" and "haze / UV".

Here are some photos for you guys to see

$IMG_0038.JPG$IMG_0046.JPG$IMG_0047.JPG

thanks in advance, and sorry if it's in the wrong section

Attachments

• $IMG_0038.JPG
    $IMG_0038.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
Don't know the brand, but haze/uv filters were very common with the use of color film as it did just what it says, cut haze and uv light, especially in higher altitudes.

Other types of filters are very common with black and white filter usually to separate grayscale.

I can't make it out. It looks like it starts with "HA"

Brand of the filter doesn't matter, there were many. Used mostly for protection of the front element of the lens. For b&w photography rather useless, much better effect you will get with yellow filter which is blocking (to some extend) blue, haze causing light.

Might be a HOYA brand. There does seem to be an A at the end of the "Brand" and it's about the right length.

doesn't seem to be Hoya, the letters are too thick, I am almost Sure it starts with an N or an M, and ends with another M

Meade. That's my bet.

I didn't know they made camera filters, but they make a lot of telescope filters. Definitely looks like it starts with M, and there seems to be a DE on the end to me.

edit
From what I can tell, they DO NOT make filters this large, or this type. Looks like an E on the end to me though. But I'm sure you can see it better in person than we can in these pictures.
And their brand name usually appears with only the M capitalized, so I'm probably wrong anyway.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back