Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i got my 50d and a 50mm f/1.4 and i love it, a few of my first pics

3654407480_2403026018_b.jpg

3654029945_6b51c1819a_b.jpg

3654026699_615d1ba27f_b.jpg
3653854575_daaf29a43e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those were all taken with a 50mm? What'd you have? A fish in your shirt pocket? ;)

Great pics, especially the first one.

yea, i was cheating and throwing them shrimp, in the one you can see the shrimp between the 2 birds

i was thinking the same thing....how did you get that close!? great pics

nice pics!
i did the under the pier one best.

throw me some shrimp dude:D....just dip em in cocktail sauce first :thumbup:

Honestly, I think you can do better. The birds make for a interesting subject but, with that 50 milli your composition has to be better in1&2. They both also have the sun on the top side of the birds so, without flash the all the detail is underexposed on the bottom side.

Next time out try to keep the sun at your back where it doesnt cast shadows on your subject, also try shooting things that arent moving so fast like, people, signs, cars etc..For moving subjects maybe try them at greater distances...also, one of the best things about primes is that they make you work for the shot, i mean you cant just zoom in and shoot you have you walk around your subject to compose it, that forces you to think about whats in your background, how close you are to your subject and where you want your subject in the pic so, try shooting the same subject at different angles.

Im no expert, I have just learned a lot since i started. (you will too) I think with tring to take good pics it requires practice and getting out of that point and shoot mode. The more you shoot the better you become...

Last edited:
Some crazy thought came to me when I was looking at the first picture, that it would be pretty cool if you cloned out that post for the light so it looked like the bird was carrying the light..haha, I do not know why that came to mind, but other than that how do you like the new camera??

Congrats on the 50d! the 50 1.4 is my favorite lense!

It's silly, but I love hearing of people getting 50d's, as they are pushing the 40d's price down. As soon as I can get one for ~500 I'll be getting it.

About the pics, I actually like the first one without the flash, while true that some of the details are lost, I love how the light goes through its wing.

Most reactions

Back