Finally got my new lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Tamron 17-50! Taken just today. Nikon D80. 27mm. F:20 @ 1/40 sec. ISO Equiv. 200.

MidPl_springhouse3-1.jpg

Can I ask how much, as want to compare prices in US to UK, as postage is around $30 for that sort of lens, and good luck with it, I believe your using it on Canon 350D ??
I said what I paid for it, a few posts up.

I'm using it on either of my 20D cameras.

Ya...that is a little awkward...but not very hard to get used to.

Also, the Tamron is a little weird in that the focus ring turns when the lens is auto focusing. It's kind of a surprise when it starts moving under your fingers. Again, it's something that is easy to get used to.

Out of curiosity, I was wanting to know how well the Tokina 20-35 f/2.8 AT-X Pro lens lens compared to my Tamron SP 20-40 f/2.7-3.5 lens, which has always delivered very good results. I shot the same test target with both lenses, at the 20mm focal length only.

I was surprised at how soft the Tokina is wide open at f/2.8, across the entire frame. The Tamron was already sharp at f/2.8. Stopping down to f/4 and f/5.6 improved things dramatically. At f/2.8, the Tamron and the Nikon f/2.8 AF-D prime are considerably sharper. And actually, the Tamron is sharper than the Nikon prime. I've always gotten very good results from the Tamron SP 20-40.

And as with my other Tokina AT-X lenses, build quality is VERY good. Better than the OEM lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back