Finally Got Some Pictures

Dleberfinger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's been a while since I had a chance to get any good pictures, here are the only good pictures I've got.

C&C Would be great!

4001180730_3bb916478f_o.jpg

4000418125_83ca3c8590_o.jpg

4000417485_c48ebc9457_o.jpg

4001182038_2582061ce2_o.jpg

The last one is really great!

First one is nice, good job not centering the road (?).

Second one is great, it has some creepiness in it, good editing.

Third is not really interesting in my opinion.

I like them all except #3. I don't get anything from that one. #2 is indeed creepy, I almost expect to see a gaunt, pale face staring out from that window...

Love #1 how your eyes follow the road into a dead end of forest.

I like the urban decay look in photo #1. I wonder where that was taken, and how long it was been since there was "something" there to the right hand side of the frame. It makes me think about some of the urban abandonment and decay in the Detroit, Michigan area. The prevailing lighting and the exposure and composition all work together pretty well; the photos makes me stop and look and think and wonder. I cannot say that for the other photos.

The other shots are not as compelling to me. The old barn--seen it before and the toning looks muddy. The lake with reeds, I have seen before,and the short focal length makes the background seem small and distant and insignificant, as short focal lengths tend to do to landscapes. The one with the yellow post and the four pipes makes me wonder, "WTH is that!?" and little more.

Thanks a lot, the 3rd one was just me messing around with selective colors and contrast. I was out salmon fishing for about 7 hours and I got bored and that was the only interesting thing around really.. There were a few sail boats across the river but they were all cluttered together and I couldn't get any good pictures from it.

:Edit:
The 3rd picture is a pole holder, it's sitting on the river bank by a fishing cabin.

And the first one is a sidewalk. I was standing on that sidewalk when I took the fourth picture, I don't have any idea why someone put a sidewalk in the middle of the woods by a lake with nothing connecting to it.

I love the first one! The 3rd is my least favorite, I just don't know what its suppose to be.

I'll try to write my opinion of what could be improved:
#1 It's simple in composition but complex in color depth. I'll try to explain that. There is little whats going on, but a lot pixels on the screen that feature different colors. It might overwhelm the viewer, because in close it might look as a mess of colory dots. Look around for something more simple. I'm not saying that it's bad, still It's well done considering that "It's been a while since I had a chance to get any good pictures", assuming you don't have much time or a promising location (weather etc.).I'm just trying to explain what might distance it from something awesome or A+.
#2 This is great, but try trimming it perhaps.
#3 I don't like color selection, as this is something outside photography as I like it. I won't say anything here.
#4 The right edge is too dark. If that is PP vignetting then I think it's useless if not damaging here. This is the best one from my point of view.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back