finaly got a big boy camera.

CanadianJoker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey every one, i just went and bought my dream camera last night. its a nikon d80, with a 18-55mmvr lens. im coming from a point and shoot olympus.

well i played with the camera a little last night, and went for a drive this morning and took some photos. i was guessing the settings for the pics, but im slowly understanding the shutter speed/fstop/ iso and what not. none of these photos have gone through photoshop. any C&C are welcome. thanks for looking.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Congrats on the new toy! Always nice to BC 'plates on a car! As far as C&C goes; not really a lot to say. These images are all reasonably well exposed, and have a sharply focused subject. One thing that I always strongly encourage of new camera owners, is read the manual thoroughly. Nikon does an excellent job of explaining functionality, as well as the interaction of the various features and controls.

Oh geez, a skyline. Yours? That's an R32, isn't it? I'm going to have to agree with tirediron, not much to really comment on them.

Oh geez, a skyline. Yours? That's an R32, isn't it? I'm going to have to agree with tirediron, not much to really comment on them.

yup, its an 89 r32 gts-t. tho its not the fastest thing on the road i love it to death. im going up to squamish tomorrow (for those people who know B.C), going to try and get some decent photos of my buddies car and mabey some photos of the mountains.

i now there kinda bland photos, just wanted to share something, ive never had such a nice camera before.

For a car almost 20 years old it looks pretty sweet. Mine is 18 years old, but is starting to show its age only recently.

well after a 4 hour round trip, i took over 120 photos. only one i like tho haha. 99% of the shots were of moving cars out of the window so they didnt really work for me.

i dont know what you guys with think, but i really like this shot for some reason.

DSC_00691.jpg

Josh.

you didnt get any scenary pics on the drive or anything else?
its so beautiful out squamish-way
the metal on the bottom of the pic is the only thing thats really focused well
im not into cars so maybe thats why I find it boring lol
post some other ones you took

Pretty sky on that shot of the flatbed or whatever.

Skylines are dead sexy. You confused me with the R32 thing... I was like "That's not an R32!!!" (I drive a 2004 VW R32 that looks veeeeeeery different.) :)

Are those old school work wheels on the r32? Looks like someone likes to slide that thing.

Are those old school work wheels on the r32? Looks like someone likes to slide that thing.

no, their (so ive been told) old school volk's. tho i would like to get some 17' white 5 spokes, i do love the wheels. i do like to go sideways when i can, but not all the time. never been "drifting" just sideways around some corners.

im starting to get used to the diffrent settings on the camera, getting better shots. now i just have to learn how to be artistic lol.

you didnt get any scenary pics on the drive or anything else?
its so beautiful out squamish-way
sorry no seenic shots, didnt really know how to take them with such a wide angle lens. also i was only up in squamish for about 45 minutes, we were only up there to get a new exhaust for my buddies skyline.

just some advice, I think number 2 would look better if you focused on the back of the picture instead of the plank of wood.
I like the last pic, a little brighter would have been better. Just some simple advice (you might already know this), make the shutter speed longer to capture more light, or use the flash.
Also, I just bought a big boy camera and well, if you have a tripod or just hold your camera in place, you can play with a specific setting and take multiple photos, only slightly altering the setting, then youll be able to see what setting fits best.
Have fun with your new camera!!!

Most reactions

Back