Fireworks and Exploding Chairs - TPF Germany Meet-Up

Sky, they are sooo cool. Wish I had the time to work on my pics, so I could start posting, since I'm the one with the "real" internet access, actually, and don't have to go wandering about the place with any notebook, trying to find the hotspot.

But I always have to take you on trips and tours and to the cities and beautiful countryside around here... :D.

Oh it is SUCH fun to be having you all here and I am sooo enjoying it.

TPFers: there will be sooo many more photos once everyone gets home and to their computers, we might need our own FORUM to post them. A thread of our own might NOT do! ;)

And some from Hamburg yesterday:

16:
IMG_1141.jpg

17:
IMG_1158.jpg

18:
IMG_1186.jpg

19:
IMG_1115.jpg

ZWANZIG!:
IMG_1110.jpg

Finally managed to get some done - absolutely knackered today, could do with another break to get over it!

I'm sure there will be many many more pics to come from the TPF masses still in Germany, but I'll post some of my weekend with them...

Saturday morning, and we arrived at Corinna's house and met Jeff Canes, who was trying to decide whether it was easier to learn German from Corinna or try to interpret the English from Hertz and I...

tpfg-100.jpg

I had a little play with Corinnas home made lensbaby...

tpfg-101.jpg

Corinna made a huge pot of potato soup with sausages in it, which was really very nice!

tpfg-103.jpg

Then as if by magic, Antarctican appeared with her trademark snake round the neck (well it is a beauty snake)

tpfg-104.jpg

Andreas pointed out that the snake had in fact got two heads - hertz said he had never seen such a thing in his life and promptly poked himself in the eye.

tpfg-105.jpg

Then the snake cuddled up to Andreas and went to sleep for the afternoon.

tpfg-106.jpg

After that, we made our way to Ole Hoop which created much tittering amongst the locals at our pronunciation of the place, and we took a walk through the village to the local duck pond.

Here it was evident that hardened drinkers - probably under age - were using the local recreation facilities and leaving their rubbish strewn across a wide area...

tpfg-107.jpg

Looking wider afield, there were hints that summer was on it's way (apart from the fact that it was a lovely warm day)

tpfg-108.jpg

and Daan started looking for bugs to prey on...

tpfg-109.jpg

Anty spotted some ducks (well it was the duckpond after all) and the excitement grew as Sandie began explaining about their sex lives and who was dating who in the duck community

tpfg-110.jpg

This was too much excitement for Corinna, who had to sit under the tree and rest, whilst Christiane pretended not to look whilst taking photos of us

tpfg-111.jpg

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the other guys trying to photograph ducks in flight against the sun, but that all seemed too easy for me so to raise the stakes, I managed to get a shot of these mossy poles - I had to be quick to catch them in case they flew away, or rotted or something...

tpfg-112.jpg

A local farmer stopped to call the police as he spotted Daan breaking privacy laws for bugs...

tpfg-113.jpg

Overcome with excitement - and still trying to work out what Hertz was talking about, Jeff decided to sit for a while and collect his thoughts.

tpfg-114.jpg

After leaving the duck pond, we visited the local church to take a few snaps, and I felt a little inspired!

tpfg-115.jpg

It was apparent the light was fading as the sun started to cast long shadows along the wall - time for beer and food - well, beer really as we had eaten earlier in the day.

tpfg-116.jpg

After that it all became a blur - well I left my camera in the boot of the car to concentrate on more pressing matters of which there will no doubt be photographs ensuing.

Evening turned to night, and night turned to day, refreshed after a good nights sleep in a really comfy bed, the morning was upon us. Hertz looked really fresh Sunday morning, his enthusiasm and liveliness shone through in everything that he did...

tpfg-117.jpg

Florian looked a tad fresher then hertz - he musn't have driven for 38 hours across Europe

tpfg-118.jpg

and Sky had the look of someone who had got over his jet lag in an annoyingly short space of time - I'm still struggling with it and it's only an hours time difference for me!

tpfg-119.jpg

Daan just looked cool as he let his breakfast settle

tpfg-120.jpg

As did Anty, who was soaking up the early morning sun

tpfg-121.jpg

The TPF sign that Sabine had made, began to look a little worse for wear, but was still doing a good job as a beacon of hope in case we got lost in Lauenbruck

tpfg-122.jpg

Hertz didn't look quite so tired from this angle...

tpfg-123.jpg

More tomorrow...

So...... just how late was JC??

good stuff guys... keep it coming... im sure you will!

So, after a really long time of absence I now write again, and I post some photos (!)

IMG_4967.jpg

This photo of Alex is art!!!
If you don't understand this kind of art, I can't help...

IMG_4981.jpg

This is the picture I took in picture no. 10 of Skys postet pics.

IMG_4979.jpg

Another nice flower at the roadside...

IMG_4983.jpg

This happends when somebody picks up an snake from the roadside while a crowd of TPF-members is in the near...

Well, it's late so I stop uploading pictures for now. But I'm sure there will be more to come!

Hey, Florian!
Thanks for posting up your first set of pics.
And we still need to discuss your idea of art, eh? ;) ;) ;) Nice, cosy mommy-and-son-talk. Right?

Great to see everyone, and all the photos...keep em coming. :D

Number 3 of florians set looked like weed at first glance!

Most reactions

Back