First (2) Booooddddwaaahhhh Shoots tomorrow, advice?

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm doing 2 boudoir shoots tomorrow. :sexywink: I'm going to the camera store in a bit to hopefully pick up my flash and accessories, since I don't have time to order online. :mrgreen: They'll set it up initially, too and give me advice on how to learn with it as well. :hugs:

Anyway, I have a ton of props for this V-day boudoir shoot. :er: One of these ladies is around 40 and is a fire fighter. She's got a fairly nice body and she's super excited. The other girl is 19 and "scrawny" (I haven't seen her!). She's a fire fighter's wife. We'll have access to typical fire fighter gear. :thumbup: I know, I'm nuts.

I have the following "prop" stuff:
Valentine's Apron
Conversation hearts
Heart confetti
Red and white tea cup candles
Pink feather boa
3 yards of white "satiny" fabric
Black "backdrop" (just thick fabric 5'x12')
1 fake rose
Big Valentine's iced cookies
Chocolate box (heart-shaped)

In addition to going to get my flash, I did pick up a utility type light... Dunno what it's called, it looks like a big silver bowl? And a 125 watt bulb for it.

One lady, I know has a big nice house with lots of windows so I have a lot of ideas for her. (I know her very well.) The other girl, who I don't know at all, but asked the first if I could do her too, while I'm in town. (It's in LA.) I know she has her own apartment, but I have no idea how big, lighting, etc.

TIA! :hugs:

Reflectors, LOTS of reflectors, even if it's only big pieces of white/light-yellow posterboard. LOTS of spare batteries, coloured gels if you want to play with the light colour (I'm thinking red - valentines).

Gonna get some at the camera shop and if they don't have any that I won't I'll def pick up some poster board! Thx!

just to add you can cover a foamboard in crumpled up tinfoil which is pretty effective..

oh and make sure you post the results :D

A firefighter and a firefighter's wife....... Hmmm, I'm thinking a fire hose, a turgid fire hose in fact. :eyebrows:

In addition to reflectors, with big window light, you may also need diffusers.... white bed sheet, clear shower cutain...

Have a shot list prepared and with you. Evaluate the lighting required when you get there (assuming an unknown location). Relax and have fun at the shoot.

you can also use the silver things that go in your windshield to keep heat out. they fold up nice and small and are cheap. I think i paid like 3.50 each for mine.

you need a ladder so you can get full body shot

if they plan on doing implied nudes, be sure they removed thier clothes a bit of time before doing the shoot so they dont have tons of straps marks all over their bodys.

Ooooh I had a BLAST!!! Unfortunately, I won't be sharing, I don't have permission to do so. (And I'm actually disappointed. :( ) Ah well! I think they'll like them and I had fun and learned A LOT! Great times!

No. But they both askedvthat I not share with anyone and I'm gonna respect that.

Well, that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing the results of the shoot...

edit
I would have posted in this thread earlier (I've been watching it), but boudoir is not quite my bag, and I didn't have anything to add...

Once I edit them I will ask if there are one or two of them that are not indecent that I can share. :)

I also "booked" two more for may. Woo hoo!

While I completely understand your client's wish not to have their images publicized, it's important for you as the photographer to make sure that they are aware that you're doing it simply as a courtesy, and NOT because you are in any way obligated to (unless you have given up the rights to these images). Most people do not understand their rights and obligations when it comes to their images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back