First attempt - knife photo

I'm sorry but it needs improvement, but hey its your first attempt so of course it will get better, if your lighting improves, then I say you got something going for you. So keep it up because other then the lighting, it seems pretty good. :)

Something I just noticed, too. The knife's blade doesn't have a color cast on it. The blade is actually (titanium nitride i think?) coated, giving it a kind of brownish gunmetal color, so that is the proper color of the blade.

I don't think so. It is a Gerber black bladed Fast Draw folder. The blade is black epoxy coated not TiNi.

I spend a good portion of my life doing catalog shots of knives. This morning I shot an interesting one and thought I would play around with it a little. Do you like the "tactical" look?

onxm1.jpg

onxm2.jpg

Great knife shot Fred, how did you light it?

I don't think so. It is a Gerber black bladed Fast Draw folder. The blade is black epoxy coated not TiNi.

That tactical knife shot is awesome!

Whatever this knife is coated in, however, it is not exactly black. I think the "color cast" comes from the fact that the only lights I own are tungsten. I found a picture of a paraframe knife of the same color (which my brother owns and I can say they are the same color) here I didn't take that picture, but it's a good representation of the color

Most reactions

New Topics

Back