First Birthday Party

I ABSOLUTELY love them!!!! Where did you position the reflector. I

I LOVE YOUR PP.....I have PSE, but was wondering what pp you did in lightroom. Again, I REALLY like them!

Also, what focus mode were you using? Af-S Af-C? Dynamic/single point, auto? ....just impressed!!

Nice shots, but always shoot for better glass. The kit lenses are meant to be just that. You'll notice a world of a difference with better glass on your cam. Your t3i isn't a horrible cam it has a decent sensor on it so it produces nice photos. If you are looking to start shooting kids/toddlers I'd definitely get something with speed though as the rebel series aren't built for that. Keep up your practice though, you have a good eye for those good moments in a child's life.

If I ever got into it professionally I would definitely get a different body and use the rebel as a backup. What kind of lens or lens' would you recommend for shooting kids? Mostly I take pictures of my own child but I would like to get better glass for sure. I'm also saving up for an off camera flash.

I positioned the reflector on the lower left out of the camera frame. I got it closer to her in the close up. The one in the bucket I didn't use one but seeing how dark her face is I wish that I had used one.

I didn't do much PP in Lightroom just the Raw processing brightening up the image. Cropping. Then I transferred over to photoshop CS 5 to do some dodging and burning, darkened the background a tidge, brightened the eyes. Also did an unsharp filter to sharpen the image.

I honestly haven't played around with the focus yet whatever it was set on by default is what I set it at. I've been reading about it but my camera is still new and I haven't had much time to play with it yet.

Beaner96 said:
If I ever got into it professionally I would definitely get a different body and use the rebel as a backup. What kind of lens or lens' would you recommend for shooting kids? Mostly I take pictures of my own child but I would like to get better glass for sure. I'm also saving up for an off camera flash.

It depends what kind of shoots you're going for. I have a couple L series I love. 17-40 is one of my most used. Also a good 50mm is great for portraits and give you a nice bokeh in the background. If you get a nice cam like any of the 5D's or 7D's you'll need an off camera flash since higher end cams don't have pop up flashes on them. Get a set of pocket wizards also for syncing.

It depends what kind of shoots you're going for. I have a couple L series I love. 17-40 is one of my most used. Also a good 50mm is great for portraits and give you a nice bokeh in the background. If you get a nice cam like any of the 5D's or 7D's you'll need an off camera flash since higher end cams don't have pop up flashes on them. Get a set of pocket wizards also for syncing.

Thanks for the information! I am saving up for an off camera flash because I don't ever use the on camera it never looks good. I figure if I get some lens' and a flash for this camera then get a new body later on. I think that the 50mm is the next lens that I'm going to get but I will look into the 17-40 too!

Beaner96 said:
Thanks for the information! I am saving up for an off camera flash because I don't ever use the on camera it never looks good. I figure if I get some lens' and a flash for this camera then get a new body later on. I think that the 50mm is the next lens that I'm going to get but I will look into the 17-40 too!

Yes you are set for right now as you're getting into it, but down the road you'll definitely be ready for an upgrade. Keep it up!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back