First Critique...

xiansx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

If you would be so kind could you please critique some photos for me? Be honest. I can handle it.

2779008174_b87fcfdfca.jpg

2779009076_97d5dfd875.jpg

2749356239_c7d95bb310.jpg

These photos can be found on my flickr page.

Critique per req:

1. Not a bad image; I think however since the turtle is the interesting aspect, you'd be better off to zoom in tightly, and eliminate the large open area; the lilly pads and branches are of limited interest.

2. Nice work with the reflection, but not the ideal time of day for this pose; you can see a very bright/blown area on the top of his back, and deep shadow on his right side. Depending on the distance, a fill-flash might have helped with this image. Additionally, it needs to be leveled.

3. Again, as per #1, too much image, not enough subject. Definitely zoom in tighter on the web. The B&W conversion is nicely done.

Overall, not a bad group of images. You seem to have a basic understanding of the technical side, time to focus on the composition/artistic side. As an aside, remember that for most photography, your best times are early morning, later afternoon. Mid-day produces a very strong light with harsh shadows.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

Back