First dslr - Canon or Nikon

For DSLR its Canon everytime for me, I think Nikon does focus more on pictures, they usually compete themeselves in the whole megapixel world but that truly doesnt matter... But video Canon hands down owns that feature, as mentioned above the new STM technology is impressive... You factor that in with great image focusing, better lens model and better prices and its a no brainer.

Well my interest is in photography, not videography - so Canon's video features don't really hold much fascination for me. The "better lens model and better prices" is a highly dubious claim at best, particularly when you factor in the used market. If you examine the used market you will find that it is Nikon that actually has the decided edge in pricing, with individual offerings at almost every price point that have better image quality and similar if not better stats than most of their canon competitors.

So Canon does have some features that might be of interest to some, which is great. But they certainly do not completely outshine the competition as you wish to suggest. Not by any stretch of the imagination. For some of us we find a different feature set important, hence our choice of another brand.

Ah, I see the OP already went for Canon.

Whichever one feels more comfortable in your hands.
+1

Most important things in photography:

- Light
- Ergonomics
- Lens Quality

One of my friends has a BMW...perhaps I can exchange spare tires with him sometime. lol. I kid...but seriously--'most people' do not loan out their lenses, even to friends. Sure, some people will, but borrowing lenses from friends is typically a rationalization for simply wanting to fit in with friends. Borrowing lenses...fishing rods....billiard cues...suits...typically does not actually "happen" all that often.

Actually I went with the Nikon. A local store had a really good offer on d5200. I couldn't find cheaper anywhere in Europe.
As said so many times. You can't go wrong with either.
Thanks so much 😊

Sendt fra min LG-D802 med Tapatalk

Actually I went with the Nikon. A local store had a really good offer on d5200. I couldn't find cheaper anywhere in Europe.
As said so many times. You can't go wrong with either.
Thanks so much 

Sendt fra min LG-D802 med Tapatalk
Good choice, congrats and enjoy your new toy :)

Getting down to shoot low always improves shots of children. So get a camera with the flip screen.
How does that help? You can only site through the viewfinder.

Nikon calls it live view
Hunted down a video on that. Wow. Talk about Rube Goldberg. It seems (to this amateur) like it's way past time Canon and Nikon ditch the mirror, incorporate phase sensors into their CMOS, use a screen for the eyepiece, and call it a day. I cannot imagine a real use for the mirror and pentaprisim in a digital camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back