What's new

First DSLR Photos

existence02

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I'm new around here. Just got a D50 last week for my birthday. These are a couple of my favorite shots from one of the first photo shoots that I did with it. Comments and criticism are appreciated. Seeing them uploaded they look a little over exposed. Perhaps they are, but it didn't look that way before I uploaded them. Hmmm?

dsc0128ytw.jpg
dsc0131p.jpg
 
Congrats on the new camera, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

I don't think the images look over exposed. It's kind of tough to get a good exposure on a black object like the TA. I think you did a pretty good job.

The composition doesn't do much for me. The angle and distance from the subject on #1 aren't the best IMHO. The fence and houses in the back are distracting. The sun hitting on the quarter panel doesn't look great either. I would have gotten the car into some shade out of direct sunlight. The glint of sunlight can be a cool effect, but in this instance I believe it detracts from the picture.

#2 you did a good job of trying to create interesting lines, but the shooting down aspect of it doesn't do much for me. The door being open and stuff... I don't know, it just isn't "right". But technically the exposure isn't bad.

Keep shooting, you'll grow with the camera. :)
 
I agree with tharmsen...exposure on both pictures doesn't look bad but the composition on both images could be improved upon. Try not to center your subjects. See this article. Be sure to click on the "More on..." link at the bottom of the page.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom