first dslr pics C+C

morgo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my first dslr and this is from the first set of pics taken I am still having a hard time understanding how everything works together.

lilac.jpg

I think that the bumble bee should have been the focal point. Try not to center your focus follow the rule of thirds (this is one of my problems too). There's a good tutorial on it somewhere in this forum. looking at your exif info I think your using automatic. try using manual and play with some settings and I think you'll get a much better picture. Overall I like the picture just work on some stuff. Keep shooting

<>Dylan<>

Thanks for the comments!

How do you tell if it is auto by the EXIF? I shot mostly in manual and A that day, but also tried out all of the modes on the dial. I would like to know which pictures I had done in manual and which ones were taken on the auto setting.

try using manual and play with some settings and I think you'll get a much better picture.

Manual mode won't help you much unless you know how to use aperture, shutter speed and ISO to get a proper exposure. An easy mode to start out with is Aperture Priority, which allows you to choose the aperture you want and the camera will select a shutter speed to get a correct exposure. It's really easy to just run around with your aperture wide open and take shots that look good. Read what you can on both your camera and proper exposure, almost anyone would recommend this book.

Nice start though!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the comments!

How do you tell if it is auto by the EXIF? I shot mostly in manual and A that day, but also tried out all of the modes on the dial. I would like to know which pictures I had done in manual and which ones were taken on the auto setting.

Just by looking at the EXIF. I saw your ISO at 100 (which is typical for a semi-sunny day outside. It could be a little lower. And your exposure time was 1/60. I just assumed it was auto :scratch:

You can get a head start on all the other new DSLR owners by searching for 'photographic composition' and learning about the Rule of Thirds, Golden spirals, leading lines and other photograph composition guidelines.

Thanks for the comments!

Get yourself a freeware exif reader like Opanda iExif 2 and install it on your computer. If the exif is still in the image you'll be able to read it.

Digital Photography Tips For Beginners

Digital Photography Composition Tips

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back