First Engagement Picture Shoot: Comments Wanted

bp4life71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4826128932_0a67afbac4_b.jpg

Last edited:
All photos shot with a Canon XS with either the 18-55 or cheapo 70-300 sigma.

Post processing done with photoshop 7. To the prior poster, effects...yes.

My niece wanted engagement pictures so I gave it a shot. Let me know what you think, good or bad....

Not much a fan of the post processing on these. The original images with some basic touch ups would look like they would be acceptable to a family member as a favor, but the PP detracts from the photos in this case. A lot of people preach, "if it doesn't add to the photo, then it shouldn't be a part of it/in it." I live by that when I shoot/edit.

You're on to something with the composition/poses of the shots in that they cover the bases for engagement photos. I'd get a little more creative with your subject matter when its there in front of you in person, not at the computer. The best engagment photos in my opinion are the ones where the couples really look, go figure, engaged in each other. They're pictured interacting in some happy/fun way.

Honestly though, not a bad go at it for the first time. Would you be willing to post the originals for us to see?

~Tom

You should use a more feathered vignette.

I like the photo's and the pp is pretty cool with some of the effects. I really like the one of her hand and the effect you used made the ring look like it was really sparkling.

Truthfully, I'm not a fan of either ... too much pp for my taste, but I'm sure they'll love it.

The pal, of his hand seems kinda dirty in #1. It immediately caught my eye.

you should work on not centering your subject all the time.

1 - harsh transitioning with the vignette
2 - subject is so small and so centered. this could use a much tighter crop.
3 - eww. fake lens flare.
4 - centered subject doesn't work here. the background looks hazy.
5 - why?

Most reactions

Back