First HDR Attempts, 300ZX

AllHailZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I'd give HDR a try. If you have any pointers or critique, speak up!

Here are the results -

4198261247_9012b4b170_o.jpg

4199016514_cf6f29fbac_o.jpg

4198262625_576a9bcfbe_o.jpg

4199018030_5857432558_o.jpg

4198263999_e7b2b3200a_o.jpg

4198265079_922ed6313f_o.jpg

4199020004_d346cd97b8_o.jpg

I really like the first and the last ones, the only thing about the first I don't like is the focus seems a bit too far back

my favorite is the last one, u don't need HDR with these shots though, cuz there are not a lot of areas of with high contrast difference so that you can really juice them in an HDR, but i really like the last one!

I really like the first and the last ones, the only thing about the first I don't like is the focus seems a bit too far back

I was thinking the same thing. The focus should have been on the entire NISSAN, not just N and I, then the snow... I was freezing, I guess I didn't have it in focus like I thought I did.
my favorite is the last one, u don't need HDR with these shots though, cuz there are not a lot of areas of with high contrast difference so that you can really juice them in an HDR, but i really like the last one!

I wanted to bring out the drips, frost, and everything else because that's what made it really interesting for me. The standard shots I took didn't really do that as much as the HDR did for me. I wanted a more realistic HDR than with colors all over the place. Next time I'll try with two overexposed stops, one metered stop, and two underexposed stops. I'm not crazy about the weird effects on the snow in the 4th picture.But thank you guys! I'm glad I didn't fail miserably with my first try!
Difference between normal and HDR picture -
4201195076_a81a415ac9_o.jpg
4198262625_576a9bcfbe_o.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't it bad to post you license plate in full?

Yes, the tags are expired. I was driving it around a major city in NC and the cops didn't notice for seven months. Goes to show you how observant police are.

As for the plate, yeah, it's a bad idea. However, I prefer that people know who I am. I've been AllHailZ for three years, and I'm proud enough of the name to post it.

Often wondered why people think that's a bad thing... They're obviously displayed to everyone 24-7 .... not shure why taking a picture of them is supposed to be wrong.. Unless you think that someone in Florida is going to hack into DMV and get my address in Idaho and then drive out to see what I have to rob... there's about 25million homes in between for a burgler.. :confused:

BTW, I live in Idaho and my license plate is .... "Glock" ... come and visit..

r

Love the first shot. Hey, I am in the Triad area...High Point actually, what part of NC are you in?

Often wondered why people think that's a bad thing... They're obviously displayed to everyone 24-7 .... not shure why taking a picture of them is supposed to be wrong.. Unless you think that someone in Florida is going to hack into DMV and get my address in Idaho and then drive out to see what I have to rob... there's about 25million homes in between for a burgler.. :confused:

BTW, I live in Idaho and my license plate is .... "Glock" ... come and visit..

r

Hahaha! I love that, man, I pretty much have the same attitude about that. The point of vanity plates are to stand out...

Love the first shot. Hey, I am in the Triad area...High Point actually, what part of NC are you in?

Right now I'm in a small town close to Durham, but usually I'm in Greensboro during the school year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back