First high school senior pictures

I like them well enough and she can't complain since she's getting them for free. I would suggest taking bad pics purposely to avoid future hassles.

Very nice, natural poses and setting. Good background and overall a good balance of tones between subject and background.

I think her head is a bit close to the top of the frame in a couple - did you crop the images?

A reflector to light her face a little would have been ideal - can you do this in post?

Your lens could be used to throw the background out of focus if shot at f1.8 - helps to make the subject stand out, but not everyone likes this style.

I like them well enough and she can't complain since she's getting them for free. I would suggest taking bad pics purposely to avoid future hassles.

Thanks. Yup did that with the laundry years ago screwed it up once and my wife told me to stop doing it

Very nice, natural poses and setting. Good background and overall a good balance of tones between subject and background.

I think her head is a bit close to the top of the frame in a couple - did you crop the images?

A reflector to light her face a little would have been ideal - can you do this in post?

Your lens could be used to throw the background out of focus if shot at f1.8 - helps to make the subject stand out, but not everyone likes this style.

Thanks. Yes I waiting to see if they want to use any before I do any work on them. Yes for theses I wanted a little depth. I researched and I’m not a big fan of the real shallow stuff for senior pictures.

I had a laugh thinking about the "MSnowy Senior Portrait Portfolio" filled with such classic shots as:
The high school athlete in his lettermen's jacket perched on a fence post in the snow
The valedictorian snatching a fish from the bay with her feet
And the Prom Queen greedily devouring a snake

I had a laugh thinking about the "MSnowy Senior Portrait Portfolio" filled with such classic shots as:
The high school athlete in his lettermen's jacket perched on a fence post in the snow

Ha ha. That actually sounds like my graduating class from 40 years ago. The the kid in the letterman jacket actually rolled his mothers car over on a fence post in the snow. The valedictorian was fishing her bikini top out of the water with her feet And the prom queen was devouring what we can call a snake.

I was thinking the same thing :) And wondering if a 500mm was used. Really great set. I love the poses. Looks genuine with the smiles.

I was thinking the same thing :) And wondering if a 500mm was used. Really great set. I love the poses. Looks genuine with the smiles.

Thanks. 500mm is a good idea. That way I'll be far enough away that I wont have to listen to all her friends giving their 2cents worth help.

I got asked by a friend to take some pictures of her daughter. I keep telling her I don't take those type of photos but she was persistent. I'd much rather stick to wildlife subjects. Now the fun begins processing them.

MSP_5692-XL.jpg

MSP_5769-XL.jpg

MSP_5776-XL.jpg

MSP_5751-XL.jpg

MSP_5708-XL.jpg

MSP_5736-XL.jpg
I think they are beautiful just the way they are.

The color and sharpness and quality etc. look nicely done. Maybe it would have helped to adjust the vantage point, scrunch down/take along a stool etc. to be at a lower vantage point. From the angle used some of the photos caught an edge of the darker green background above the tall golden grasses that created a horizontal line or area across the top of some photos.

I can't tell what's laying on the mattress that's tan/brown but it looks like that needed to be moved out of the way or she needed to be repositioned so the thing would be out of the frame. It didn't add to the photos, just made for a darker triangular shape that makes for a visual distraction. There's also one where the feet are cropped off/not in the frame.

When she moved onto the sand, as she moved so did the hair. That created lines across the white t shirt that don't need to be there.

I imagine they'll like the pictures, but then, who doesn't like what they get for free? So I'm not sure how much that would tell a photographer about how well the work was done. And unless you're planning to get into doing portraits, and getting releases signed (by parents if subjects are under 18), and working on a portfolio, etc. this likely could be taking work away from portrait photographers in the area.

I think they are all great ... beautiful girl... beautiful natural light.. and love the green

I got asked by a friend to take some pictures of her daughter. I keep telling her I don't take those type of photos but she was persistent. I'd much rather stick to wildlife subjects. Now the fun begins processing them.

MSP_5692-XL.jpg

MSP_5769-XL.jpg

MSP_5776-XL.jpg

MSP_5751-XL.jpg

MSP_5708-XL.jpg

MSP_5736-XL.jpg
I think they are beautiful just the way they are.

Thank you

The color and sharpness and quality etc. look nicely done. Maybe it would have helped to adjust the vantage point, scrunch down/take along a stool etc. to be at a lower vantage point. From the angle used some of the photos caught an edge of the darker green background above the tall golden grasses that created a horizontal line or area across the top of some photos.

I can't tell what's laying on the mattress that's tan/brown but it looks like that needed to be moved out of the way or she needed to be repositioned so the thing would be out of the frame. It didn't add to the photos, just made for a darker triangular shape that makes for a visual distraction. There's also one where the feet are cropped off/not in the frame.

When she moved onto the sand, as she moved so did the hair. That created lines across the white t shirt that don't need to be there.

I imagine they'll like the pictures, but then, who doesn't like what they get for free? So I'm not sure how much that would tell a photographer about how well the work was done. And unless you're planning to get into doing portraits, and getting releases signed (by parents if subjects are under 18), and working on a portfolio, etc. this likely could be taking work away from portrait photographers in the area.

Thanks. I'll review this the next time I get the chance for this type of photography. I didn't get payed but I made a deal with the parents to use their vacation house on Martha's Vineyard as a trade. Oh that tan/brown thing is part of the boat she's sitting on :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back