480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I normally don't do portraiture, but I've been adopted by the neighbor and their grandkids as their 'family photographer'. In 2009, I got wrangled into a photoshoot with them. I ended up with this:

TenAwayFinal09post.jpg

We repeated the idea in 2011:

TenAwayFinal11post.jpg

Then, just a couple weeks ago, we 'did it again!':

TenAway2013FinalPost.jpg

Love that, wish it could do it myself. Ed

Ken this is a great idea that I now plan on putting into practice with my nieces and nephews thanks to you. ;)

For those interested in the signatures:

I have each one sign their name with a black Sharpie on white paper. That is then scanned in (Black & white) using a flatbed scanner and cropped as needed. To further create a pure black and white (no shades of gray!), I turn the contrast up to 100%.

The white background is then selected, converted to transparent and cleared. This makes the white background 'transparent' so I can copy just the signature and allow the background in the composite to show through. This creates the 'shadow' half you see. It's then resized to match the composite image, then copied and pasted onto it... adjusted into position. The signature's color is then inverted, which turns it white on transparent background. Copy & paste again, and adjusted into a position slightly higher and to the left of the black portion.

Nice! Love the continuity...

The last one is so much better than the first two. I am glad you lose the old processing with crazy shadow recovery and HDR-esque.

Nice work, cool story.

Most reactions

Back