What's new

First Landscape Attempts - San Francisco Bay

negcx

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Greetings folks! This is my first post here and these are some of my first recent landscape attempts. I used to do some black and white photography, I'm trying to get into color digital photography.

Please provide any tips, critiques, etc. on the following landscape pictures. Anything from composition, exposure, technique, etc. Some of the pictures are similar because I couldn't decide which versions I liked best. Thanks in advance.

#1 Sunset over Mt. Tam:
2359904671_9375ea4ff6.jpg


#2 Grass path, GG Bridge:
2359902541_bb28d0402f.jpg


#3 Valley, GG Bridge:
2359889753_1ce7cc2c07.jpg


#4 Sunset over Richardson Bay/Mt. Tam:
2360729838_551a6db0e1.jpg
 
I like number three best. The valley vs. the city is a good contrast! I think that the foreground needs to be brightened up slightly, though.

Good start!
 
I actually darkened some of these photos, but now that I look at them from a different monitor and after printing them I agree, it needs to be lightened.
 
They all seem a bit dark to me, but I love that sunset!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom