What's new

first lens for my first DSLR

I how decided to get the 50mm 1.4 as my first lens because it is light and compact, a good lens to get me started on learning the basic of operations of D700. However are the lenses these days all made in China? Nothing against Chinese made products or anything but I thought a lens of this price tag would be made in Japan.

I wouldn't worry too much about china stickers, I read an article about this. And it was saying alot of the time, the idea that 'Made in China' means cheap rubbish is a complete and utter myth. The chinese factories are very strictly governed by the companies and the workers are incredibly disciplined in the work they do. As you can imagine China is a communist country, the people always follow orders and do what they are told! Which most likely means you will sometimes get better quality than in alot of other countries in the world, where workers want to knock off a couple of hours early to go for a beer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom