First Lightroom edit. C&C Plz.

LittleItaly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo this evening as the sun was going down at my house. The original came out looking kind of blue...not sure why...I realize I didn't have the settings on my camera adjusted appropriately but being a total noob...I don't know what wasn't right. Anyhow, I edited the photo in Lightroom and came up with this!

DSC_0548.jpg

I like the photo! Really nice composition. As for Lightroom its hard to comment without knowing what you did. I can say that if it were me I'd slide the white bal slider more to the blue "cool" side as the image has an overall yellow tint to it. I'd saturate the colours a bit and sharpen the eye using an adjustment brush then probably leave it at that! Too many cooks spoil the broth etc, not much lightroom (post) is needed on this unless you're going for a specific style.

looks a bit soft but otherwise looks good..

oh in future posts would be nice to see the original esp if you want us to CnC you're editing in particular

I'm guessing from your description that your white-balance was incorrectly set (On Tungsten perhaps?) which resulted in the blue cast. Your edit isn't bad, but the skin tones still seem a little bit blue to me. What sort of editing did you do? If you have the original, un-modified RAW file, try simply adjusting the WB slider to a warmer temperature and see what happens.

The only other suggestion I would make would be to crop part of the bottom off, say just above the child's left hand and make it a straight head & shoulders shot.

Keep practicing; you'll get there!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I'm guessing from your description that your white-balance was incorrectly set (On Tungsten perhaps?) which resulted in the blue cast. Your edit isn't bad, but the skin tones still seem a little bit blue to me. What sort of editing did you do? If you have the original, un-modified RAW file, try simply adjusting the WB slider to a warmer temperature and see what happens.

The only other suggestion I would make would be to crop part of the bottom off, say just above the child's left hand and make it a straight head & shoulders shot.

Keep practicing; you'll get there!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Blue? I'm using my iPhone atmo and the image has a yellow colourcast, insteresting must be a difference in displays.

looks a bit soft but otherwise looks good..

oh in future posts would be nice to see the original esp if you want us to CnC you're editing in particular

Ill post the original! Gimma a sec!

from my monitor the tones look natural just the saturation/vibrancy has been toned down...if i were to be really picky it would have to be a very slight tint of yellow/green vintage styled look on the image overall (which i kinda like on this one)

This is the original

DSC_0548111.jpg

after having seen the original, i must say great work on your first edit. im also in the learning stage myself but see if you can try and make your baby a bit sharper...other than that i really like it

I'm going to have to watch an online tutorial or something....Lightroom is rather complicated. Im not even sure how to go about making her appear "sharper". I still need to buy Photoshop! I am going to need a 2nd job to support my habit! :)

Definitely a white-balance issue; check your camera's manual for options on correcting this for future work.

you can do a lot with LR3. if you master the ins and outs of LR3 then id go onto getting PS...dont overwhelm yourself just yet and if you find yourself handling LR3 well and you bring in PS later...you already provided yourself with the best 'photography database' asset in LR.

Any Better? Only a slight change.

DSC_054811.jpg

Just messin' around...
5064346870_ce88c27300_b.jpg
5063758555_a04d118195_b.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back