First maternity shoot coming up :)

lol you all are great!

Perfectly, they do have a name picked out. I bought those chip board letter things that are kind of fancy and gender neutral and I am going to see if I have enough of them to spell out baby's name. (My only question with that is if I am doing something with the baby's name should I have the first letter of her name closer to the outside of mom's belly or closer to her back? So should the name lead to the front of the belly? Or to her back?)

I do like that idea with the flowers... She is going to be wearing a black tank and I will see if she can turn it into like a tube top that just covers her breasts and put flowers around her belly or something... I just need to find some flowers... Hmmm...

Bekah, I will DEFINITELY do that if I ever come across a couple that doesn't have a name picked out :)

Perfectly, I also like the idea of the empty picture frame. I have one I can take with me! YAY! Wow :)

And Morpheuss and TiredIron, Thanks for the encouragement :) I very muchly appreciate it :) lol

Make sure you get good focus, some of the poses look really cheesey i prefer the low key studio shots

+1, but I'd go for simple and natural light in the mother's house...give it a more at home, natural feel. To each their own I guess, its about what the client wants really.

Don' be afraid to try something different. You have tonnes of great ideas that you have seen. My advise it if something pops into your head. Try it. Worst case it fails and you wasted a bit of time, best case you have something different from everyone else. Good luck and I cant wait to see pics.

Since its such a long name...what about her laying on her side and tracing the outside if her belly curve with the letters? They'd probably take up her whole belly. Itd look cute...with a few flowers on each side of the name...

Lol---did that make sense?

Yes it did and I am TOTALLY loving that idea!

Sounds like you've got some really great ideas there! And certainly not lacking in enthusiasm :) We're doing a maternity shoot in a couple months, so I am looking forward to seeing some of your photos!

Just off the wall suggestion but what if you took a shot of the mom holding a basket and theres a teddy bear in it. On her belly is written something to the effect "A Blessing to a Blessing". Once the baby is born and a few weeks out you take a set of the baby at the same angle of the basket and teddy bear as in the original shot that way you can photoshop her in using layers. Therefore you have in the same photo the maternity and baby. I'll let you work out the details of angles, sizes and your ability to do something like this.:lol:

hah vtf! I would NEVER be able to come up with the skills to do something like that but that is a TOTALLY amazing idea! lol wow. lol.

Well maybe hold that idea for down the road. ;)

I don't think its that difficult to shoot, im no pro. but the more environments and scenes you work in the better your range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back