First Nature Image, what do you think?

DRATOM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
homepage.mac.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, this really is my first attempt at a flower image. Since this isn't what I normally shoot, I would really apreciate some C&C.

Bad - Good, just let me know

lilly_web.jpg

Thanks for looking!
JD​

Well done!
Nicely composed and perfectly exposed. The whites of the petals are NOT blown (which is the risk you would have taken had you shot in AUTO and I just assume from this photo that you did NOT!), the water is a deep blue, and the reflection is a lovely addition! You should take nature photos more often! ;)

Love it! The darkness of the water and surrounding pads take out the over-feminine factor most flower shots 'suffer' from.

Well done!
Nicely composed and perfectly exposed. The whites of the petals are NOT blown (which is the risk you would have taken had you shot in AUTO and I just assume from this photo that you did NOT!), the water is a deep blue, and the reflection is a lovely addition! You should take nature photos more often! ;)

Thanks TrickyRic & LaFoto! I've never taken flower images because they just weren't my thing, but... while walking with family i saw this thing and it just stood out! Had to try it! And, you are right Lafoto it was shot in manual. Well the white balance was auto. I think I could have exposed it a touch better, I'll try it again next time I'm there.

The darkness of the water contrasts nicely with the light flower. The composition is good, and the reflection finishes it off nicely.

The darkness of the water contrasts nicely with the light flower. The composition is good, and the reflection finishes it off nicely.

Thanks neogfx! I appreciate you stopping by and having a look, I am very pleased you like the image.

Most reactions

Back