first photo shoot (for fun)

teneighty23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been photographing landscapes for a few years now but decided i should expand to people too and a friend wanted some shots done with some of her pals so i said i would, i have no command skill at all since i came from landscape so it started out very tough, but here are some of my personal favorites, any advice?
IMG_18541.jpg

IMG_1848-1.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_18602.jpg

IMG_17441.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

For people shots, especially of the female gender:blushing:I think you would be better off with much less contrast.

I respectfully disagree. The first, and the others with the single subject are exceptionally good. The some what harsh lighting and the contrast are expressive emotionally and fit the mood- sort of melancholy- very well. Thet look very much like press or PR shots from the Speed Graphic/ flash bulb days and I think that they would sell well.
I am not as fond of the others. the poseing seems stilted or awkward and just off some how,
JMHO
Judge Sharpe

Lots of photos. Hard to offer much critique with that many, but the first one I think is the clear winner. Tones are pretty good, it's got a nice gritty feel, some motion going on with the hair and decent exposure that works with the photograph. The expression is very nice and it uses a pose where the subject isn't looking at the camera very well. (I like the fact she's not looking up into very much negative space in the image... usually that's the "rule" but this plays against it quite nicely and allows the viewer to say 'what is she thinking?' instead of 'what is she looking at?')

The ones with multiple people seem bland to me and all but one the subject's eyes are all on the same horizontal plane. I don't think it works in these images (in fact, it's often very hard to get that to work at all). Some of the latter ones have some under-exposure issues and some uneven light that casts some odd shadows.

Advice? Fewer pictures per post and number them. It helps us help you! :)

The some what harsh lighting and the contrast are expressive emotionally and fit the mood- sort of melancholy- very well.
thanks dude, thats what im going for, dark dark lighting with mood.

QUOTE=Judge Sharpe;1532047] I am not as fond of the others. the poseing seems stilted or awkward and just off some how,
JMHO
Judge Sharpe[/QUOTE]

haha you have it on the money, i even went over there thinking it was me and her and maybe a friend, but there was about 6 people there, and im way too shy to be thrown into something like that, so it started off super slow.

Thanks Rufus for the comments, and for next time i will post a lot less, single out the actual decent ones, or ones in question from myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back