First photos from a newbie - CC pls.

BluePhoton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everybody,

So i did some photography .. after reading lots of tutorials and here are some pics.. CC appreciated.

These shots might look very easy.. but i actually have used all the info from the tutorials.. before taking these :)

P1000057.jpg

P1000056.jpg

P1000058.jpg

P1000063.jpg

I have taken these pics in the "A" mode trying to learn the depth .. my next assignment would be in full manual where every aspect will come into play.

Thanks.

^ +1

Watch out for "the rule of thirds" in the first two shots. Especially #1.

I like #4 the best. It's got some nice bokeh going on in the background.:thumbup:

Read more on the rule of thirds and DOF( depth of field). that's just from another noob.:lol:

Yeah no. 3 is bit out. I was using f3.8 in that one.

you did pretty good with dof the first 2 i would have played with the rule of thirds and the one of the rocks i think the dof is a little to shallow because the rocks are a little blured

The one thing you forgot (that I can see) is to find an interesting subject. A boring old rock and some pine needles just don't say "hey, look at me". Get out and try and find something with a little more interest or take the shot of the boring object and make it interesting. There is a great post on here where you are to find 3 thing within 10 feet of you to shoot. Take a look at it and you will see some interesting ideas.

The one thing you forgot (that I can see) is to find an interesting subject. A boring old rock and some pine needles just don't say "hey, look at me". Get out and try and find something with a little more interest or take the shot of the boring object and make it interesting. There is a great post on here where you are to find 3 thing within 10 feet of you to shoot. Take a look at it and you will see some interesting ideas.

That's a good point, but I also think it's okay to practice on things that are mundane or uninteresting just to get a feel for things like DOF. I can't tell you how many pictures I've taken of an empty water bottle on my desk at different apertures just to see the difference. :p

Thanks for the link. It happened to be early morning and i was reading tutorials on my iphone while still in bed and suddenly i thought let me go out and try what i am reading :). So went to my patio and the only thing i saw was plants and the stone from my backyard :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back