first photoshoot

bherring87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I did these for my friend for her husbands birthday. Any comments/criticism would be appreciated.

jessikiaedit6.jpg

jessikiaedit5.jpg

jessikiaedit4.jpg

jessikiaedit1.jpg

DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0805.jpg

Boudoir photography is tough. Very tough; you've made a good start, but there are definitely some areas in which you can improve.

1. Have the model looking toward you; not necessarily right down the lens, but at least toward the camera. Don't position yourself lower than the subject, the 'up the nose' pose flatters no one, and try to keep the camera level.

2. Cropped a bit too tightly for my taste.

3. The pose doesn't work here, she seems very self concious and gives the impression that she's cold or wanting to cover her breasts.

4. This one has potential, but I'm not fond of the crop; try and avoid removing little bits of people, such as the top of her head. As well, I'd have her right arm visible. As-is, it almost makes her look like an amputee.

5, 6. Again the crop pose aren't ideal IMO. The biggest issue with all of the images though is lighting. Boudoir lighting is difficult to get right, and you're not likely to get ideal results with a single on-camera flash or ambient light. The WB in the last two is way off, I'm assuming because of the lights in the room. You've got a great model - get back in there and try another session.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Most reactions

New Topics

Back