First pics posted here, please critique

Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have taken many more images in the last couple days than are right here, but I think these are some of the better ones. I have also only been taking my photography seriously for the past week or so. Please tell me what you think, what would you change? Is there a pattern of mistakes? Please don't hold back :)

I am using a Canon Power Shot SD550. I have only just started to look into DSLR.

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

the 1st is really interesting, makes me wanna see more of it, i cant quite tell the scale of the shot which is almost titilating

I have taken many more images in the last couple days than are right here, but I think these are some of the better ones. I have also only been taking my photography seriously for the past week or so.
/quote]

The pictures are fine. You have a good eye but, IMO, the real test of a photographer is taking pictures of things that are not inherently beautiful.

Im a noob just learning myself but Imo you did more than fine, Fish tanks shots are not that easy for me and yours are very good. I would shoot my first pic with my point and shoot and blind myself with the flash hitting the glass.

Be nice, it's pretty and you know it. Just try to get over the fact that it comes from a car make with a bad rep...just wish it wasn't so slow ;)

Now with the pics, I guess I was looking for general problems, things that I continue to do through all or most of the pics, that's why I brought this to the general gallery and not the critique section.

I guess I am learning more and more about this forum with each post. So would you say I should go through, pic my favorite pic up to date and bring it to the critique section?

Boy, you've covered everything. From cars, to sea anemonies, flowers and water abstracts. Nice set of images, Bear.

Heya Bear, welcome!

As to the amount of photos posted and your question on The Critique Forum: that is restricted to ONE photo only. Feel free to choose one you are most keen to get some deeper critiquing and re-post it there.

As a general remark to photos being posted in The General Gallery, and one directed to about everyone: give yourselves a restriction as to how many photos you want to post in one post. My feeling is that 8 is a good number - but in posting 8 photos, I would already ask you to please NUMBER your photos, which makes commenting a lot easier.

Your photos here, Bear, could have been broken up into several themes, such as flowers and plants (for Landscape and Nature), aquarium photos, car photography, abstract photography. You would still have offered us series, for us to look for on-going flaws that show in all your photos (which is what you are asking for, aren't you?), but the posts would have been smaller and better "manageable" for the viewers, see? ;)

pic(k) my favorite pic up to date and bring it to the critique section?

You will get plenty of critique at the level you will find useful here in this section. Just post a few or a single picture(s) and the viewers will be able
concentrate more.

Cool, that should help a lot! Thanks. I guess I will try again later

Most reactions

New Topics

Back