First Picture

Gregoryniss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
3291510729_a5a0b7be0c.jpg

Shot with my Nikon d40, kit 18-55mm lens that i got last week. I'm getting hooked on photography and this website is awesome.

C&C? I know it's nothing too interesting, but longboarding is one of my passions so I like winding paths and stuff like that haha

Greg

Not a bad shot at all. If it were mine, I would crop off some of the sky, just above the clouds.

Nice shot Greg. I'll have to agree with Idaho on this one.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

3291568617_606f5a76d9.jpg

How's this one look?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm excited to get better at photography and hopefully some day take really nice pictures like some of the guys on here.

Greg

Like this one, it's much better than the original one. Keep going!

Does the horizon need to be straightened? Or does it really run downhill from right to left? I'm guessing from the clouds that it is already correct but figured I would ask.

Lookin' good!

Nice shot! I saw your nice photos on Flickr. One of my favorites is "Voir". Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! and yeah, the trail dips down from right to left, so i think it's pretty close to being straight.

Time to go out and take more photographs!

Greg

I love the winding road a lot, it adds personality to it. The second one is much better for me also with a little bit of the sky cropped out. Where is this at? The area looks stunning!

Nice Picture. If it were mine I would try to get the STUPID power lines out of there.

Lovely though.....

Thanks guys! Its a bike trail in Amazon Park, Eugene, Oregon. Eugene is a great city for biking and has a lot of nature trails. I plan on hiking a butte today and taking some more pictures

Greg

The second is certainly very nice. Plenty of colours, different textures and a nice lead-in line. If I have one criticism to make, it's that, in my opinion, the lead-in line of the road doesn't really lead into anything apart from a bridge and some trees (although to be honest, I'm not sure you could fix that). Nevertheless, it's a very nice first picture. Best of luck with your future photographic endeavours! :D

That's a very nice photo! I'm a fan of roads ;) The only thing that bothers me are the power lines, but it's not up to you ;) Consider increasing saturation and contrast. Here's how the image looks after such edit. Of course, it's a matter of taste.

3291510729a5a0b7be0c1zx9.jpg

The second is certainly very nice. Plenty of colours, different textures and a nice lead-in line. If I have one criticism to make, it's that, in my opinion, the lead-in line of the road doesn't really lead into anything apart from a bridge and some trees (although to be honest, I'm not sure you could fix that). Nevertheless, it's a very nice first picture. Best of luck with your future photographic endeavours! :D

Yeah, i agree, heading towards the bridge isn't too exciting. I was just out on a ride and snapped a pic, so i wasn't really thinking too much about that. Thanks though, i'll keep that in mind for future pictures.

That's a very nice photo! I'm a fan of roads ;) The only thing that bothers me are the power lines, but it's not up to you ;) Consider increasing saturation and contrast. Here's how the image looks after such edit. Of course, it's a matter of taste.

3291510729a5a0b7be0c1zx9.jpg

Thanks for the compliments! and yeah, power lines suck. I boosted up the saturation already in PS elements 7 to like +25, so I didn't want to overdo it since it was my first shot. But the one you edited looks the best I think. Thanks for the tip!

Most reactions

Back