TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think??

C&C welcome and appreciated!

57464d0a59917b0.jpg

Thanks for looking.

The shirt is way to dark. It looks like his head is floating in mid frame. His face also has many hotspots, especially in the forehead.
IMO the signature at the bottom is too big for this particular size image.

Dark clothing on dark bg isn't a big deal. In fact, I love it much of the time. However, if you're gonna shoot dark on dark, you need to show neck. And his face is slightly blown out.

Hi Allsmiles !! I agree with a lot said above.. Black clothing with black background hard to pull off... most portraits black clothing is somewhat frowned on even outdoors... but as Max said, you at least need a neckline here..

also lighting could be a little stronger to highlight subjects hair.. focus seems a little soft, but lighting on face is bright.... hmmmm? you have no shadows on the face features which is good.. I think the head tilt is also a little much..

but overall not to shabby of a portrait, curious of your lighting set up here??

curious of your lighting set up here??

Actually, there is no lighting setup here, just God's natural light. My hubby was sitting near a window and I told him to look at me. I try and do all my shooting in natural light.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I completely understand what you are saying but it was somewhat of a candid portrait, so I did the best I could! ;)

Did you color the backdrop then in PP? That seems way too black to have been done with natural lighting. I agree with the comments above, just needs a little tweaking.

He'd have to stand perfectly still but an HDR could keep his face from being blown out (too white) and the background from being hard to see (too dark).
What did you meter for? What setting did you use? Make th esig smaller and less oveprowering, and try an effect called gaussian blur, it screams portrait to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back