First portraits with girlfriend C&C

gaetanphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! I am just looking for some C&C on my first little portrait shoot with my girlfriend. I usually only shoot sports so any help is greatly appreciated :hug::

#1 - i was not level on this one apparently :blushing:

4831165208_b4fb0a90e0.jpg

4830555819_d8c9031255.jpg

4831167844_95df6ea28a.jpg

#4 - one just for fun

4830550339_dc8d9181d5.jpg

truthfully, I like your 'just for fun' shot the most. I guess b/c it's the most natural of the bunch and it's shot on eye level. Not a huge fan of the shots from above the subject like 2/3.

I also like #1, but it seems a tad bit underexposed.

C&C per req:

Overall, there are two issues common to all four images. (1) They are rather more centered than is generally considered ideal for portraits, and (2) The subject is under-exposed.

1. As mentioned, needs to be leveled in post. As well, the background is rather busy and distracts from the subject.

2. I would prefer this one in a vertical (portrait) orientation with a little less green, and a little more subject.

3. Better exposure (though still under exposed) but I'm not really a fan of this 'looking down' on the subject pose.

4. Cute; a little more light image left would have helped. An off-camera flash or reflector would have really helped.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

#2 has the problem of under green trees green light...the light is very polluted with green,so you need to use a filter, and orangeish one, over either a flash unit, or the lens, to bring the light into line with the daylight behind. Rotate the camera 90 degrees.

#3-Blue light. Common in open shade conditions. If you want to shoot in this type of open shade, where the shooting is easy, the Number One Thing that will improve your photos is an appropriate custom white balance, taken off of a white towel or a white-painted object found at the scene. Failing that, set the WB to 6500 to 6800 degrees Kelvin,manually. Rotate camera 90 degrees. Shot #1 also has the same blue cast.

#4-Yellow light. The least objectionable of the three color casts commonly encountered, this can also be done just by having the white balance a bit too warmish.

Most reactions

Back