Welcome Duce...Like LaFoto mention, I'm also not a very big fan of flash. To me, it will usually make something look blown out and un-natural. It seems that you have your own style and that's great...different is always a good thing. My only suggestion to you is that you just go out and develope your eye and take pictures of things you like..
As for the pictures...remember, this is only how I feel about them...
#1: I like the lighting in the background. It has a nice soft feeling and is spread nicely through the picture. The part that kills it for me is how the fence is blown out and the chain mesh is out of focus. I think you had the right idea with this picture...maybe you could try reshooting it a few times and see if you can reproduce anything that you like even more...
#2: My biggest problem with this one is that I can't really tell what it is. I know it's a light...but I can't see anything else. I can't tell what is around it except for one or two leaves...It's hard to critique this one because all that can really be commented on is the lighting and composition...I think the lighting is fine...I just think it is lacking some composition...
#3: The first thing I looked at (which will be different for everyone...mostly) is the green light spot on the left side of the picture. It was a little distracting for me. As for the rest of the picture, I like the pine needles. I just think that the way you have it composed is tough to look at because there is very soft light in one section and then very harsh light in another...
#4: I don't have much to say about #4...I like it...the only thing I don't like is the blown out shoe from the flash.
Overall I think the biggest thing that I have a problem with is that the lighting is very harsh in spots on all of your pictures and then on other spots...it's very soft. If you like this...than there is no problem and you should always shoot what you like...they are your pictures after all...
Anyway, hope that helps...don't take me too seriously, though, I'm still learning alot everyday. :thumbup: