First Post... Pumpkin Picking - C&C

TheSon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty new to photography and just bough a canon 400d with Tamron 28-75 lens two months ago.

These are a few I took while pumpkin picking (I have a lot more). Feel free to give your honest critique and opinions. I want to know what I can improve on. I am falling in love with photography...

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
First off... I like 'em... except for #5. To *me* that one would have been better with a bit more depth of field, and #3 possibly a bit less depth of field...

Nice job!

i don't know ...... seems pretty dead on to me.

if #3 had any less depth, i probably wouldn't notice all the antiquities or the records and old phonograph ..... then i wouldn't see that he fell asleep thinking back on time.

#5 has the perfect depth because i'm focusing on the name and not the equipment itself. it would be a perfect advertisement for international ... as if to say "we've been around a while".

if i was to take a guess, all of these photos are refering to time?

you say your new to photography? .......... i'm thinking something totally different. surely you mean your falling in love with digital? i've never seen anybody learn that in a couple of months. very nice.

Last edited:
Thats some great composition!

Good Job, man. :wink:

Alright... I guess you can say I'm new to SLRs. I've used a P&S Nikon Coolpix S1 for the past few years. Nothing is adjustable on it, and it takes alright shots, but it's indestructible (metal frame) and great for traveling.

I bought the rebel 400d SLR about 3-4 months ago and I've been learning ever since. Thank you for the feedback! Keep it coming... :blushing:

I think they are great shots. The old dude sleeping is really nice.

The old dude sleeping is really nice.

Thanks... I was afraid he'd wake up and freak out with a camera in his face, haha. But he eventually opened his eyes and smiled.

I was going to get a close shot, but I didn't want to invade his space. That was taken in a 100+ yr old house (museum) on his property.

btw... the only photo that I (color) tweaked was #5. The rest are untouched, pure photos. I have done nothing to them.

Most reactions

Back