First Post. Ya'll run this one thru the ringer.

:lmao::confused::lmao::confused: From what's been posted here you know enough about me to make that opinion reasonable? Wow.

Folks, I'm not looking for a flame war, just honest opinions on my photos. :)

Well if you had posted an 800 max width photo in the first place I wouldn't have asked. All I saw was a part of the shot.

Thanks for the 'insight', and welcome to TPF.

I have a high def monitor that's calibrated weekly, and it looks smokin' good to me.

Yeah, a full moon might be good, but it might also compete too much. I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

Thanks!

i think i'd have cropped the first image so that the train to the left wasn't in there... there is a lot of dead space and it mostly distracts from the primary train with the light on.

otherwise, very nice exposure

Thanks for the critique. I considered the crop, but the vanishing point is one of the things I was intentionally going for when I pressed the cable release... The pic just isn't in the same league when cropped. It destroys the composition and depth of the photo.

Thanks for the critique. I considered the crop, but the vanishing point is one of the things I was intentionally going for when I pressed the cable release... The pic just isn't in the same league when cropped. It destroys the composition and depth of the photo.

Looking at the original message and the request for "truth," I think Meotter has very valid opinion and comment. If you actually had the intention you state, and read the guidelines, then you wouldn't have wasted Meotter's time or had to discount that opinion.

It's been brought up that personality may have already got in the way objectivity. You've alread mentioned you have no respect for me, and that's cool- I didn't ask for it, so I'm fairly certain you'll have no respect for my critique of your work. Let's see;

The processing is creamy-dreamy. There's just too much dead space on the left though. Very uninteresting and does nothing for the composition. To me, not bad, not great, but pretty good.

Looking at the original message and the request for "truth," I think Meotter has very valid opinion and comment. If you actually had the intention you state, and read the guidelines, then you wouldn't have wasted Meotter's time or had to discount that opinion.

Just wondering, do you ever just mind your own business? Why does my reply to Meotter have anything to do with you? He gave his perspective. I repect his perspective, it was appreciated. I had previously cropped the photo as he suggested and it just didn't work. It was a valid idea that didn't pan out. Understand?

I'm guessing you were picked on in school and never got over it, right? Sheesh.

To those that have critiqued the pic, thankyou. I've been here less than 24 hours and already have an entry into my "ignore" list. That's a first for me, but the legit discussion of the subject at hand has been helpful and enjoyable.

I'm a beginner photographer so I'm not sure I can give you a " professional critiuqe ". I can however tell you what looks good to me. I really like the second picture. I am a contractor for the CSX and Norfolk Southern railroad , so your pictures have some personal meaning for me.

Thanks, I enjoyed them

I'm wondering about the monitor issue now. I might have to relook at this pic on another computer as to me it looks very dark but other seem to be seeing more in the shot than me.

Thanks guys. PatrolmanPat, if you get a chance to view the photo on another monitor, please let me know the verdict.

blah blah blah, lighten up, you guys are too serious. but back on topic they are both amazing, look so hdr...

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure I want an HDR look to them though. I use the in camera noise reduction and a Canon can make some pretty smooth images. I think that in addition to a dead on exposure give them the look they have.

Just wondering, do you ever just mind your own business? Why does my reply to Meotter have anything to do with you? He gave his perspective. I repect his perspective, it was appreciated. I had previously cropped the photo as he suggested and it just didn't work. It was a valid idea that didn't pan out. Understand?

I'm guessing you were picked on in school and never got over it, right? Sheesh.

Now, now- shouldn't argue with the critic! You asked for an opinion and you got a few. You should take them and learn from the experience, blend them into the rich, complex emotional and intellectual tapestry that makes up the wild, unfettered, essence of your being.

Got more?

Most reactions

Back