First Post. Ya'll run this one thru the ringer.

This is great! did you use more then one exposure?

Wow me and my brother thought it was HDR nice work I like it!

that's awesome!

I think this would look even sweeter with an HDR done, but it doesn't even matter. That's an amazing shot. Then again....you already knew that.

I'm just kinda wondering how you got the lights and stars and details in every single little bit....

that's awesome!

I think this would look even sweeter with an HDR done, but it doesn't even matter. That's an amazing shot. Then again....you already knew that.

I'm just kinda wondering how you got the lights and stars and details in every single little bit....

Those are awesome shots. Pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. I love extended exposure night shots. What kind of Cannon do you have?

My dad is retired from CSX -- I'm sending him this link. He'll love the picture!!!

Thanks for sharing it.

To be honest I really don't like it. There is too much dark dead space with too little detail to me, and not enough contrast between the dark lines of the train and the night sky. The shot could have worked real well with a bit more light as the lines of the two trains draw the eye into the shot but there's not enough in the picture to keep me interested.

To be honest I really don't like it. There is too much dark dead space with too little detail to me, and not enough contrast between the dark lines of the train and the night sky. The shot could have worked real well with a bit more light as the lines of the two trains draw the eye into the shot but there's not enough in the picture to keep me interested.

There we go. I can see what you mean. It's a trade off though. One of the things I personally like is the headlight's effect on the darkness. I believe that would have been lost by shooting earlier to pick up detail. More light would have certainly brought out the vanishing point better as you pointed out.

It just occurred to me that full moon light could be perfect for this shot. Finding a similar shot angle, getting access again, and doing it on a brighter night may be tough, but I might just try. When I originally replied, my mind was stuck more on shooting earlier, at dusk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back